lifted club cars - lifted ezgo
Home FAQDonate Who's Online
Go Back   Buggies Gone Wild Golf Cart Forum > Golf Cart Repair and Troubleshooting > Electric EZGO
Electric EZGO Electric EZ GO Marathon, Medalist, TXT and RXV.

Post New Thread  Reply

Old 04-14-2017, 05:16 PM   #11
Tomford46371
Not Yet Wild

Default Re: Solenoid clicks won't move

Not sure if your still following this I hope you are. I replaced the FnR switch did not help. Then recently sent my controller off to get tested and repaired they said they replaced the board due to corrosion. Now with it all back together I have it in the air I push pedal it clicks and motor nudges that's it. I have batt voltage at both sides of solenoid until I hit pedal then it drops on B+ side that goes to controller all the way to 0. Shouldn't the solenoid be closed until I hit pedal? Would this cause my issue?
Tomford46371 is offline   Reply With Quote
Alt Today
BGW

Golf car forum Sponsored Links

Old 04-14-2017, 05:37 PM   #12
scottyb
Happy Carting

E-Z-GO

Solenoid should be open ( no continuity = no power flowing ) until you hit the gas.
scottyb is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-15-2017, 01:54 PM   #13
bigstik40
Gone Wild

Yamaha

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tomford46371 View Post
Between B+ B- I have37.5 volts so seems there is a voltage drop there? Push pedal to floor it drops to .016 volt let go of pedal it slowly returns to 37.5. Between M- B- it also shows 37.5 push pedal as soon as solenoid clicks it goes around 14v and slowly decreases to 0 as I push pedal to floor
If I read the above correctly, it sounds like you have a bad cable crimp or loose connection on one or more of your battery cables. Check for a hot/warm battery terminal or cable after releasing the pedal. Good luck - RAY
bigstik40 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-15-2017, 02:58 PM   #14
cgtech
Over This Interview Is...

Yamaha

Power now goes away on the side of the solenoid to the controller after solenoid clicks, but power still good on "solenoid to battery"? That sounds like classic "bad solenoid". I bet the precharge resistor gets super hot in a couple seconds too?
cgtech is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-25-2017, 11:56 AM   #15
Tomford46371
Not Yet Wild

Thanks for all the help I replaced solenoid and cart is back going. Even though the solenoid was clicking it wasn't working. Thanks again
Tomford46371 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-02-2017, 09:48 AM   #16
toxicwaste29
Gone Wild
Club Car

I have a cart with a similar issue but across b- and m- I only have 2 volts. What does this mean? new controller, new fr, new solenoid. The bottom and driver side post on the fr cam also only has 2 volts.
toxicwaste29 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-06-2017, 08:58 PM   #17
toxicwaste29
Gone Wild
Club Car

bump
toxicwaste29 is offline   Reply With Quote
Go Back   Buggies Gone Wild Golf Cart Forum > Golf Cart Repair and Troubleshooting > Electric EZGO