lifted club cars - lifted ezgo
Home FAQDonate Who's Online
Go Back   Buggies Gone Wild Golf Cart Forum > Golf Cart Repair and Troubleshooting > Electric EZGO
Electric EZGO Electric EZ GO Marathon, Medalist, TXT and RXV.

Post New Thread  Reply

Old 06-06-2017, 01:04 AM   #21
cjcolbyjack
Not Yet Wild

Default Re: danaher to curtis orange wire ?

Quote:
Originally Posted by cjcolbyjack View Post
Could you give me a link to the harness I need? It's a early 09. Thanks again!!!
Sorry exact cart is early 09 rxv 48v. There's so many I can't find an exact match?
cjcolbyjack is offline   Reply With Quote
Alt Today
BGW

Golf car forum Sponsored Links

Old 06-06-2017, 05:30 AM   #22
usgicollector
Gone Wild
E-Z-GO

If your wanting to go that route I would call Ezgo to make sure you do get the right one.
usgicollector is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-06-2017, 06:47 AM   #23
BobBoyce
Gone Insane
E-Z-GO

Quote:
Originally Posted by usgicollector View Post
If your wanting to go that route I would call Ezgo to make sure you do get the right one.
There is no straight right Curtis harness for a 2008, 2009, or early 2010. The revision for the brake/throttle switch harness change had been done in early 2010, so there is no Curtis RXV harness that has the older style switch harness connectors. You would have to go with the later model and get a harness adapter for the switch connector change. You can't just change switches because there are differences in the pedal asemblies themselves.

There is also a chance you may need a motor speed sensor adapter harness. E-Z_GO kept little to no records on which revisions were in each cart, so do not expect them to sort all of this out for you. They routinely ship the wrong parts to customers because their parts vs revision date system is such a mess.

Bob
BobBoyce is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-06-2017, 02:07 PM   #24
cgtech
Over This Interview Is...

Yamaha

Lol! Tell me about it!
cgtech is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-06-2017, 04:58 PM   #25
cjcolbyjack
Not Yet Wild

Quote:
Originally Posted by BobBoyce View Post
There is no straight right Curtis harness for a 2008, 2009, or early 2010. The revision for the brake/throttle switch harness change had been done in early 2010, so there is no Curtis RXV harness that has the older style switch harness connectors. You would have to go with the later model and get a harness adapter for the switch connector change. You can't just change switches because there are differences in the pedal asemblies themselves.

There is also a chance you may need a motor speed sensor adapter harness. E-Z_GO kept little to no records on which revisions were in each cart, so do not expect them to sort all of this out for you. They routinely ship the wrong parts to customers because their parts vs revision date system is such a mess.

Bob
Can you tell me what your best educated guess is to which harness i should get and start with that? I will have no hard feelings if its the wrong one or something like that. Your guess will be nuch better then mine lol. Thank you!
cjcolbyjack is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-06-2017, 08:56 PM   #26
BobBoyce
Gone Insane
E-Z-GO

Quote:
Originally Posted by cjcolbyjack View Post
Can you tell me what your best educated guess is to which harness i should get and start with that? I will have no hard feelings if its the wrong one or something like that. Your guess will be nuch better then mine lol. Thank you!
I wish I could help but they keep playing musical part numbers. It seems that we find a good part number, and a month later it's out of stock, and the next batch in will have a new part number. One of the reasons I gave up and just started doing harness rebuilds and conversions on an as-needed basis. I'll tear a harness down and inspect wire by wire, replacing any that are acid soaked (insulation discolors towards white), removing and replacing every splice, soldered and shrink wrapped. Then I wrap the harness from tip to tip with electrical tape in the harness layout, then re-apply the plastic loom and tape it together. It's a lot of work, but I have more time than money to waste on feeding E-Z-GO for harnesses that are not what they are supposed to be. I ordered a new main harness for a 2015 2Five, and they sent me a Danaher harness. I converted it over to Curtis before they could ship me the proper replacement. I still have that new 2016 2Five harness boxed away. It's a good spare I guess. It's not really the same as the RXV harness, but I know how to make it work.

Bob
BobBoyce is offline   Reply With Quote
Go Back   Buggies Gone Wild Golf Cart Forum > Golf Cart Repair and Troubleshooting > Electric EZGO