lifted club cars - lifted ezgo
Home FAQDonate Who's Online
Go Back   Buggies Gone Wild Golf Cart Forum > Golf Cart Repair and Troubleshooting > Electric EZGO
Electric EZGO Electric EZ GO Marathon, Medalist, TXT and RXV.

Post New Thread  Reply

Old 01-08-2018, 02:32 PM   #1
xeonman13
Not Yet Wild

Default Wheels & Tires

Hello All,
Im ready for some wheels and tires.
I have a stock EZGO Freedom (2007) and it has stock setup.
I'm not thinking about lifting for now (convince me otherwise?)

Any advise? Looking at something like this

https://www.amazon.com/Golf-Cart-Whe...eels+and+tires
xeonman13 is offline   Reply With Quote
Alt Today
BGW

Golf car forum Sponsored Links

Old 01-08-2018, 04:34 PM   #2
TexTurbo
Gone Wild

E-Z-GO

Default Re: Wheels & Tires

The low profile tires are going to give you a VERY rough ride... (very little sidewall)..you will feel every bump and rough spot in the road....especially at the upper ranges of your speeds...

Just my $ 0.02...
TexTurbo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-08-2018, 06:13 PM   #3
Jmzvet
Gone Wild

E-Z-GO

I have 14in wheels with low profile tires and it does ride rough. The roads are pretty smooth around here so it doesn’t bother me much.
Jmzvet is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-08-2018, 07:00 PM   #4
Goliath
Gone Wild

Mixed Breed

There is a slightly larger tire size for those wheels that are being sold as "Comfort" tires.

The size is 215/50-12. That would give you roughly another .9" of sidewall.

I have not installed them yet, but am ordering that size for mine.
Goliath is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-08-2018, 08:45 PM   #5
Lochlin
Gone Wild

I have 2 low rider carts. I cant tell any difference in the ride between the low profile tires on those and the ride on my normal or lifted carts (I have 8 carts). If anything, the lower profiles ride better than lifted if only because the latter are tough to balance and align.....at least in my case.

All the same, you may want to give these guys a look:

http://www.golfcarttiresupply.com

Best prices I could find and they recently became a site sponsor.
Lochlin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-08-2018, 09:07 PM   #6
xeonman13
Not Yet Wild

Thanks for your feedback.
Do you guys think tires like the ones in the link below will have a smoother ride? I figured the rough tread will be a rougher ride which is why i went with lower profile.

https://www.amazon.com/VAMPIRE-Machi...+12%22+no+lift
xeonman13 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-08-2018, 09:14 PM   #7
E36Racer
Gone Wild

Club Car

If you drive mostly on the street, don't get all terrain tires. They are loud and don't roll near as smooth.

Check out the new sponsor golf cart tire supply, they have great prices and any tire/wheel combo you can imagine. If you don't see what you want on their site, just email them, or PM them from here and they will hook it up.

I know a couple guys that have ordered many sets from them in the past, before they were sponsors. Nothing but great things to say. I just ordered a new wheel/tire set from them yesterday actually.
E36Racer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-08-2018, 09:47 PM   #8
Lochlin
Gone Wild

Quote:
Originally Posted by E36Racer View Post
If you drive mostly on the street, don't get all terrain tires. They are loud and don't roll near as smooth.

Check out the new sponsor golf cart tire supply, they have great prices and any tire/wheel combo you can imagine. If you don't see what you want on their site, just email them, or PM them from here and they will hook it up.

I know a couple guys that have ordered many sets from them in the past, before they were sponsors. Nothing but great things to say. I just ordered a new wheel/tire set from them yesterday actually.
That is Golf Cart Tire Supply selling through Amazon.

I have that tire on one of my carts. Its great on dirt roads where we mostly ride. A bit of a vibration on pavement though.
Lochlin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-08-2018, 09:55 PM   #9
rib33024

rib33024 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-09-2018, 01:35 AM   #10
cgtech
Over This Interview Is...

Yamaha

I always love the questions of "what's the biggest tire & rim I can possibly fit in my stock.....?". Please don't go down that path. Choose a wheel and tire combo that allows some sidewall on the tire, and won't interefere with the front suspension or rear bumper (those are usually the limiting factors). Many have mistakenly gone with the "biggest possible" and regretted it (or blamed "everyone else" for their choice which they were advised against). Leave a modest allowance for a decent sidewall on the tire, not the "rubber band tires" as seen on the import cars. Which rim & tire combo will fit best is truly a tough question, because of rim offset, and is not easily answered, many, many rims & tires are available, and just mashing the "buy it now" button will often leave you sour in the end. Also, avoid at all costs the 13" tires, not good tire options, bad wheels, problems all around. And unfortunately I don't have all the answers either. I don't order the rims & tires, but have seen many "I want this now" combos that didn't work. I have to do small mods to many new carts just to get the wheels to work, like trimming bumpers on new carts, and adding/changing wires to accommodate the wheels the salesman sold. Some combos just won't work, I have seen Yamahas with holes worn through the floorboard caused by poor fitting combos the customer "just had to have".
cgtech is offline   Reply With Quote
Go Back   Buggies Gone Wild Golf Cart Forum > Golf Cart Repair and Troubleshooting > Electric EZGO