lifted club cars - lifted ezgo
Home FAQDonate Who's Online
Go Back   Buggies Gone Wild Golf Cart Forum > Golf Cart Repair and Troubleshooting > Electric EZGO
Electric EZGO Electric EZ GO Marathon, Medalist, TXT and RXV.

Post New Thread  Reply

Old 02-28-2018, 12:34 PM   #1
myomyezgo
Not Yet Wild

Default Need parts for 1999 Advanced DC motor

Hello,
I have a 1999 Ezgo 4 seat 36v Txt Series Drive cart that I use on mostly flat land to go down to the beach on paved roads only. I've done a couple of things to make sure maintanance is up to date, 6 gauge wiring, new batterys, all wheel ball bearings checked. Anyway I've looked around to see if these carts required the electric motors to be opened up to check for worn brushes, armature cleaning or just an internal check at certain intervals of their lifetime, but I haven't found anything so far. Since this motor is 19 years old with a high pitched whine, it's about time to check it out. I did find a couple of videos that showed how to change the carbon brushes and clean internal components and it seems to be a somewhat easy project. The motor is the stock Advanced DC unit so now I need a source of parts for this motor. Brushes, brush springs, bearings are a few of the things I'm sure I'll need. Can someone give me a link or get me going in the right direction for these parts? Thank you all.
myomyezgo is offline   Reply With Quote
Alt Today
BGW

Golf car forum Sponsored Links

Old 03-01-2018, 08:46 PM   #2
cgtech
Over This Interview Is...

Yamaha

Default Re: Need parts for 1999 Advanced DC motor

Shop Ezgo dot com
cgtech is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-03-2018, 03:07 PM   #3
Jonb
Not Yet Wild
Tomberlin

Default Re: Need parts for 1999 Advanced DC motor

I think Advanced DC is a company located around the New York area. They should be able to help you. That's an awesome motor by the way.
Jonb is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
motor repair, motor whining, replace brushes
Go Back   Buggies Gone Wild Golf Cart Forum > Golf Cart Repair and Troubleshooting > Electric EZGO