lifted club cars - lifted ezgo
Home FAQDonate Who's Online
Go Back   Buggies Gone Wild Golf Cart Forum > Golf Cart Repair and Troubleshooting > Electric EZGO
Electric EZGO Electric EZ GO Marathon, Medalist, TXT and RXV.

Post New Thread  Reply

Old 05-30-2019, 12:27 PM   #1
EZ-GOLuce
Not Yet Wild

Default Ezgo Shuttering

My cart is shuttering forward and accelerating high in reverse start up. It does not do it all the time. It does this with a full charge. Will check the batteries. Batteries are two years old. Everything else is one year old and has been rebuilt. Thanks for any help.
EZ-GOLuce is offline   Reply With Quote
Alt Today
BGW

Golf car forum Sponsored Links

Old 05-30-2019, 12:53 PM   #2
yurtle
Gone Mad
E-Z-GO

Default Re: Ezgo Shuttering

Quote:
Originally Posted by EZ-GOLuce View Post
My cart is shuttering forward and accelerating high in reverse start up. It does not do it all the time. It does this with a full charge. Will check the batteries. Batteries are two years old. Everything else is one year old and has been rebuilt. Thanks for any help.
WELCOME!

Year? Model? Drive type? New to you? Old problem or new? What is stock and what is after market? Tire size?

Info helps.

http://www.buggiesgonewild.com/elect...en-system.html
yurtle is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-30-2019, 01:44 PM   #3
EZ-GOLuce
Not Yet Wild

Its a 2005 PDS. New motor, control panel, solenoid (Alltrax set up), throttle assembly, wires and tow/run switch. 36 volt, factory tires. Batteries are 2 years old. Will be checking batteries this weekend when I get to it. And all the work was done 1 year ago and has run great till about 2 weekends ago.
Old 05-30-2019, 01:46 PM   #4
Gallachera89
Gone Wild

Club Car

Quote:
Originally Posted by EZ-GOLuce View Post
Its a 2005 PDS. New motor, control panel, solenoid, throttle assembly, wires and tow/run switch. 36 volt, factory tires. Batteries are 2 years old. Will be checking batteries this weekend when I get to it. And all the work was done 1 year ago and has run great till about 2 weekends ago.
It wouldnt happen to be a 48v motor is it?
Gallachera89 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-30-2019, 01:47 PM   #5
yurtle
Gone Mad
E-Z-GO

Quote:
Originally Posted by yurtle View Post
New doesn't tell us whether it's stock or beefed up after market. Make and model controller would be useful. If it's an upgrade, you can hook up a laptop. If it's stock PDS, you can put it in diagnostic mode. Need more info.
yurtle is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-31-2019, 01:20 PM   #6
EZ-GOLuce
Not Yet Wild

36 volts and not stock. Was updated last year with the Alltrax XCT controler, with 400a solenoid and a 8 hp motor Package. Has worked perfect till now. sometimes it does this problem and then minutes later it is perfect. All wires are hooked tight and the exact way manual says to
Old 05-31-2019, 01:26 PM   #7
scottyb
Happy Carting

E-Z-GO

What 8 hp motor is it?
scottyb is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-01-2019, 06:23 AM   #8
EZ-GOLuce
Not Yet Wild

Red Hawk Admiral Motor61425637_2547231348634499_5963257624559353856_o.jpg
Old 07-08-2019, 03:07 PM   #9
EZ-GOLuce
Not Yet Wild

Default Ezgo Shuttering

Hi all. I have asked this in the past and hope I have the info ya need to help me. I have 36Volt 2005 EZGO PDS TXT. I have replace the following about a year ago.

The new parts are:
Performance Mild Hills Package. High speed Admiral motor (MOT-B2), 500 Amp Alltrax controller (CON-XCT500PDS) which includes fan assembly and universal mounting adapter, 3 Amp Diode (CON-004), Resistor precharge for 36V 400A solenoid (CON-034), and HD Solenoid (SOL-1023). 4 gauge Battery Cable set (BAT-1006) and mounting kit to mount HD solenoid to Alltrax controller (CON-XCTUM-EZ), New stock Differential, Motor, ITS Throttle and a new tow/run switch.

The following is what it's doing:
When I turn on key and put in reverse, as soon as I touch the pedal, it clicks and starts moving like I floored the pedal. If I put it in forward, it clicks and starts jerks/jumps forward. And then other times it works perfectly.
I have checked gears, wiring, fuses, ITS Throttle, replaced solenoid and still does it.

Thanks for any help you might have.
Old 07-08-2019, 04:07 PM   #10
scottyb
Happy Carting

E-Z-GO

Can you monitor the pack voltage when the cart is misbehaving? Is the voltage dropping seriously?
scottyb is offline   Reply With Quote
Go Back   Buggies Gone Wild Golf Cart Forum > Golf Cart Repair and Troubleshooting > Electric EZGO