lifted club cars - lifted ezgo
Home FAQDonate Who's Online
Go Back   Buggies Gone Wild Golf Cart Forum > Golf Cart Repair and Troubleshooting > Electric EZGO
Electric EZGO Electric EZ GO Marathon, Medalist, TXT and RXV.

Post New Thread  Reply

Old 07-09-2019, 07:38 PM   #1
OldNRusty
Not Yet Wild

Default 03 txt pds just died

Long story short washed golf cart early am then drove an loaded on trailer, 11pm that night needed to move it over so backed up almost to end of my trailer(3ft) an poof she dies.
Refurb 400amp stock controller, 6" lift 23" tires
37.2 volts on pack, power on all pins an post its supposed to be, key switch working, fwd/rev switch working, reed switch bypassed, foot swith working, solenoid test ok but is not clicking
Removed blue wire lil post an touch to battery ground it clicks but cart wont move
Blue wire never switches to ground like it should under throttle???? Bad controller?
OldNRusty is offline   Reply With Quote
Alt Today
BGW

Golf car forum Sponsored Links

Old 07-09-2019, 08:47 PM   #2
rib33024

Default Re: 03 txt pds just died

The PDS cart gets it's NEG - from the controller to power the solenoid. If there is no ground ( small post ) on the solenoid when the pedal is pushed it will not run. Most likely it's the controller. Even more since you said it has already been repaired.

Lift the rear wheels off the ground while testing.
rib33024 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-09-2019, 09:20 PM   #3
OldNRusty
Not Yet Wild

Yea thats what I was afraid it was. Going to go back with altrax this time will 400amp be enough or should i go ahead an do 500amp
Old 07-13-2019, 10:45 PM   #4
OldNRusty
Not Yet Wild

Got the pds controller bench test. Bad field driver
Old 07-14-2019, 05:24 PM   #5
JohnnieB
Techno-Nerd

E-Z-GO

Quote:
Originally Posted by OldNRusty View Post
Yea thats what I was afraid it was. Going to go back with altrax this time will 400amp be enough or should i go ahead an do 500amp
Go with the XCT48500-PDS and turn it down to 400A while the stock PDS motor is still alive. With 23" tall tires, it won't live long.

Torque loss with 23" tire is 22%, but you have to up the torque by 28% to have the same force applied where rubber meets road, so you'll need a motor with at least 30% more torque than stock to match the acceleration and hill climbing performance of a stock PDS motor and controller has turning stock height (18") tires.
JohnnieB is offline   Reply With Quote
Go Back   Buggies Gone Wild Golf Cart Forum > Golf Cart Repair and Troubleshooting > Electric EZGO