lifted club cars - lifted ezgo
Home FAQDonate Who's Online
Go Back   Buggies Gone Wild Golf Cart Forum > Golf Cart Repair and Troubleshooting > Electric EZGO
Electric EZGO Electric EZ GO Marathon, Medalist, TXT and RXV.

Post New Thread  Reply

Old 07-13-2019, 04:39 PM   #1
Newbuggyboy
Gone Wild
E-Z-GO

Default 2010 RXV Brakes Locked

So this morning I pulled my RXV out into the driveway and stop at about the top of a small slope. I turned it off and went back inside to get my 4 sale sign, the gps tracker, and locking lug nuts. I was going to put the RXV on the corner with the sign on it. Well maybe it just didn't want me to sell it, or some other vudoo, but the cart never completed the startup cycle. It never got to the beep. No click, no anything. No mater what I did run/tow the brake would not release and I couldn't move the cart.

So I sat and read and was leaning towards the solenoid. So I tested it:
1. You will need a couple of tools: a voltmeter or multimeter, and (typically) a ½” wrench.

2. Disconnect any cables from the two large terminals. Be sure to wrap the cable ends in tape, and keep the ends separate from each other.

3. With the key off, and the cart direction switch in a neutral position, set your voltmeter to ohms, and place a probe on each large terminal
(see first image below). There should be no reading.

4. Now, with the cart's direction switch in the forward position, and the key on, step on the accelerator. You should hear a click coming from
the solenoid. If you do... 5

5. Set your voltmeter to measure ohms, and place a probe on each large terminal (see image below). You should have a reading of 0 to 0.4 ohms.
Anything higher, and it means that the solenoid has faulty contacts and should be replaced.

6. If you did not hear a click coming from your solenoid, then grab your voltmeter and set it to DC volts on the 200 scale, and place a probe on each of the small terminals.

7. With the key on and the cart in forward, step on the accelerator.

If the voltmeter shows full battery voltage, and there is no click, the coil inside the solenoid has failed and will need to be replaced.
If your voltmeter remains at 0, then there is a problem somewhere else in the cart.

At 1st when I pulled of the wires from the big terminals I noticed one wire had come out of it's eyelet connector. So I thought I can fix that. So I got a new eyelet and my soldering iron. I cleaned/sanded all the eyelets and I put it back together with high hopes. Well I would not have had to post this if that worked. So I then did the steps above and finished with "If your voltmeter remains at 0, then there is a problem somewhere else in the cart."

So Then I found notes on stuck brakes on RXVs. And a youtube video showed basics like check fuses, battery connectors, pack and individuals battery voltage (my pack was freshly charged so it read 52.5V and individuals were all @13V), clean connections, lose wires, etc... The only thing I was able to pick up from the video was looking under the run/tow switch and unplugging #1/#2 and #3/#4 and plugin #3 into #1. There was a click and the brake released so I could push the cart.

Now the question. What is the problem? What else should I test? Is it time to replace the motor brake?
Attached Images
File Type: jpg 1v4.jpg (52.3 KB, 0 views)
Newbuggyboy is offline   Reply With Quote
Alt Today
BGW

Golf car forum Sponsored Links

Old 07-14-2019, 02:21 PM   #2
Newbuggyboy
Gone Wild
E-Z-GO

Default Re: 2010 RXV Brakes Locked

I'm move this question to double jeopardy where the point are worth more!

And put it in the category? Best test for ezgo rxv that won't turn on and brakes are locked.
Old 07-14-2019, 05:02 PM   #3
kernal
Gone Wild

E-Z-GO

Beside the obvious check of connections and battery voltage:

1- with key off, pull up on brake and gas pedals to make sure they are fully up
2- check fuse on blue wire by charge port

Any water involved like washing cart to offer for sale?
kernal is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-14-2019, 05:56 PM   #4
Newbuggyboy
Gone Wild
E-Z-GO

Quote:
Originally Posted by kernal View Post
Beside the obvious check of connections and battery voltage:

1- with key off, pull up on brake and gas pedals to make sure they are fully up
2- check fuse on blue wire by charge port

Any water involved like washing cart to offer for sale?
Thanks. Those weren't obvious to me, but I read about connections and voltage so I did those.

1 Did that (considered pulling up mat and plate to look but didn't)

2 Did all fuses that I could

No water, the day it shut down. About 4 days earlier was wash day for all my carts.
Go Back   Buggies Gone Wild Golf Cart Forum > Golf Cart Repair and Troubleshooting > Electric EZGO