lifted club cars - lifted ezgo
Home FAQDonate Who's Online
Go Back   Buggies Gone Wild Golf Cart Forum > Golf Cart Repair and Troubleshooting > Electric EZGO
Electric EZGO Electric EZ GO Marathon, Medalist, TXT and RXV.

Post New Thread  Reply

Old 04-11-2020, 09:24 PM   #21
Corey_W
Gone Wild

Default Re: There has to be a better way

I have the pot box connected and outputting 5k-0 (which is what the controller requires) I wired everything up like the picture in my original post. So I do have a signal going to the controller.

If I’m missing something let me know...that’s why I created this post, because I’ve gone as far as my knowledge will let me.
Corey_W is offline   Reply With Quote
Alt Today
BGW

Golf car forum Sponsored Links

Old 04-11-2020, 09:26 PM   #22
Mooncarter
Gone Insane

Club Car

Quote:
Originally Posted by Corey_W View Post
I have the pot box connected and outputting 5k-0 (which is what the controller requires) I wired everything up like the picture in my original post. So I do have a signal going to the controller.

If I’m missing something let me know...that’s why I created this post, because I’ve gone as far as my knowledge will let me.
It has been my understanding you said you were outputting 4,800 to 34,000 ohms.
Mooncarter is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-11-2020, 09:27 PM   #23
cgtech
Over This Interview Is...

Yamaha

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mooncarter View Post
34, or .034?
Either one would pass as 100% throttle.
cgtech is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-11-2020, 09:28 PM   #24
Mooncarter
Gone Insane

Club Car

Quote:
Originally Posted by cgtech View Post
Either one would pass as 100% throttle.
And he said 34 as in 34k is what I thought he meant.
Old 04-11-2020, 09:38 PM   #25
Mooncarter
Gone Insane

Club Car

Is that a 3 wire pot?
Old 04-12-2020, 09:48 AM   #26
Corey_W
Gone Wild

Oh crap my bad I should’ve been more specific. My meter reads 34 ohms at full throttle. And like 4800 ohms at no throttle.

It’s a two wire pot box.

I’m hoping it’s not the controller. I bought it off some guy on this page and he said it worked fine when he uninstalled it.
Old 04-12-2020, 10:50 AM   #27
Corey_W
Gone Wild

Ok so weird revolution. I was checking voltages and had the meter ground to pack negative. And was getting what I assume are correct voltages at different spots with throttle pressed and without. So then I switched to ohms reading with negative still on the pack...and put the positive at the connector on the controller from the pot box and pressed the pedal and we have movement. I’m not sure why I put there because that wouldn’t give me a reading of the resistance but I’m glad I did because I feel this tells me we have a throttle input issue. We have movement on both connections at controller from pot box when I put the positive on each one.

I hope this makes sense.

I’m thinking about swapping the pot box back the 0-5k and see what happens.

Thoughts?

Happy Easter Y’all!!!
Old 04-12-2020, 01:51 PM   #28
JohnnieB
Techno-Nerd

E-Z-GO

Quote:
Originally Posted by Corey_W View Post
Ok so weird revolution. I was checking voltages and had the meter ground to pack negative. And was getting what I assume are correct voltages at different spots with throttle pressed and without. So then I switched to ohms reading with negative still on the pack...and put the positive at the connector on the controller from the pot box and pressed the pedal and we have movement. I’m not sure why I put there because that wouldn’t give me a reading of the resistance but I’m glad I did because I feel this tells me we have a throttle input issue. We have movement on both connections at controller from pot box when I put the positive on each one.

I hope this makes sense.

I’m thinking about swapping the pot box back the 0-5k and see what happens.

Thoughts?

Happy Easter Y’all!!!
An ohmmeter is a voltage source, so you were applying a voltage to the throttle circuit and apparently the motor ran, so it sounds like the power supply in the controller that feeds the throttle circuit isn't putting out any voltage, or it isn't getting to the pot box, or it isn't being sensed properly.

What is the voltage between the black and white wires (with them connected to controller) with the pedal pushed just far enough to make solenoid click and when pedal is on floor?

-----------
Attached is a manual for a Curtis 1204, pot box testing starts on Pg-29 (Test-3)
Attached Files
File Type: pdf Curtis Controller 1204_05 manual.pdf (415.2 KB, 0 views)
JohnnieB is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-12-2020, 03:32 PM   #29
Corey_W
Gone Wild

Well just under 1k. Which is odd. Should be higher. And 12 ohms at pedal to the floor.
Old 04-12-2020, 03:36 PM   #30
Corey_W
Gone Wild

I guess I could find a local golf cart shop and see if they can test the controller if that’s what you’re thinking is wrong.
Go Back   Buggies Gone Wild Golf Cart Forum > Golf Cart Repair and Troubleshooting > Electric EZGO