lifted club cars - lifted ezgo
Home FAQDonate Who's Online
Go Back   Buggies Gone Wild Golf Cart Forum > Golf Cart Repair and Troubleshooting > Electric EZGO
Electric EZGO Electric EZ GO Marathon, Medalist, TXT and RXV.

Post New Thread  Reply

Old 05-11-2020, 09:13 AM   #11
tsmith_co
Getting Wild

Default Re: '01 TXT 48v Conversion Project

It's complete!

https://tsmith.co/golf-cart-project/

(the only thing missing is the badge up front, which I'll be getting something custom)

Thanks to everyone here for all the help!
tsmith_co is offline   Reply With Quote
Alt Today
BGW

Golf car forum Sponsored Links

Old 05-11-2020, 09:25 AM   #12
jakesnake27
Gone Wild

Looks great, I like that blue!
jakesnake27 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-11-2020, 10:59 AM   #13
mattross257
Not Yet Wild
E-Z-GO

Really cool looking ride. Was there any particular reason you chose the 8v batteries over the 6v batteries? I have read where the 6v will give you more range on a charge. I am wanting to do a 48v conversion on my 02 Workhorse and thought the question worth asking.

I like the idea with the seats. Please keep us updated on how well it holds up. My application is also a farm/woods so getting in and out alot I am sure will be a great test for the finish on the seats.

I have not seen many with the onboard charger. Is there a benefit to these other than not having it set on a shelf somewhere?

Last edited by mattross257; 05-11-2020 at 11:00 AM.. Reason: Typo
mattross257 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-11-2020, 11:21 AM   #14
tsmith_co
Getting Wild

Thanks. I went with the 8v batteries because I didn't want to put 2 additional batteries in the rear area. 8 x 6v does indeed give you more range, but also more weight and more space being taken up.

I'm also on a farm and with woods. I did a lot of research on the vinyl paint/dye and a lot of people were saying 5 years with no wear showing. (boats and carts).

I put my charger onboard because I didn't want to lug it around with me when we take the cart to campgrounds with us, and have it potentially get stollen. Also, if we have an exdented day at like the KY Horse Park, we may be able to plug in when parked at the event, not just when back at the camper.
tsmith_co is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-11-2020, 11:44 AM   #15
mattross257
Not Yet Wild
E-Z-GO

Ok, that is a good reason for the e8v over the 6v. I am new to carts so learning a lot as I do my research for mine.

That is very good to know on the paint. I have been leery about it but with the reviews I have been reading online and here I feel better about trying it.

I like the idea of having it out of the way and always with you. I will have to add that to the list of mods for the workhorse.
mattross257 is offline   Reply With Quote
Go Back   Buggies Gone Wild Golf Cart Forum > Golf Cart Repair and Troubleshooting > Electric EZGO