lifted club cars - lifted ezgo
Home FAQDonate Who's Online
Go Back   Buggies Gone Wild Golf Cart Forum > Golf Cart Repair and Troubleshooting > Electric EZGO
Electric EZGO Electric EZ GO Marathon, Medalist, TXT and RXV.

Post New Thread  Reply

Old 06-16-2020, 10:46 AM   #11
icantdo55
Not Yet Wild
E-Z-GO

Default Re: Sometimes My 2016 RXV wont go?

Quote:
Originally Posted by Chevota Guy View Post
Most likely debris in the pedal well. It isn't too difficult to pull up the floor mat and remove the pedal well cover to inspect and clean. The service manual has clear instructions on how to do this.

Also, inspect to see if your floor mat is somehow restricting full pedal return.

Pedal well looks like this:

Thanks!!
icantdo55 is offline   Reply With Quote
Alt Today
BGW

Golf car forum Sponsored Links

Old 04-21-2024, 01:28 PM   #12
swittie
Not Yet Wild
Yamaha

Default Re: Sometimes My 2016 RXV wont go? So won't my 2012

My 2012 has used 8 of its 9 lives. Bought it as a 'refurb' with new paint, seats, top, batteries. My house was collateral damage from (2) lightning strikes in the last 5 years. Both times, my RXV was 'on the charger' and got electrocuted. Don't ask what else got zapped in the house. You would not believe.

Today, it started 'stalling' on the 3rd hole. Finally, quit on the 4th. BUT, I could with great patience get it to go in reverse. It would barely go, then stop, then as I eased the pedal, would jump back into reverse.

All the sequence checks were OK, brake disengaged, but no movement in forward.

I had a spare 48V solenoid, so I did a 'field repair' in the woods on the 4th hole and changed it out. Was sure that would do the trick. NOT.

Drove it back home (we live on Eagle Creek GC, La Grange KY)...jumped on the interweb and found these threads. Tore it down to the baseplates and cleaned and lubed all the linkages, opened the connectors and used electrical cleaner, used electrical cleaner on the switches.

Lo and behold, FORWARD WORKS. REVERSE WORKS.

Thanks all for the great suggestions. My next step would have been the keyswitch.

PS: I have also over the last 2 years been troubled by the middle battery going bad. (Batteries NEW in 2021 from the last lightning strike). First a bad cell (would not charge), then low voltage (I have a digital cart voltage display on the dash). Would drop to 45% after 18 holes, not right.

Came to find out the charger the dealer gave me with my repaired (#2) cart was OLD. They were trying to save me money. Well, it looks like it was not fully charging... the middle battery never seemed to fully charge. 2 weeks ago the charger QUIT.
The dealer gave me a deal for a replacement charger. CHARGE PLUS HIGH FREQUENCY CHARGER. Everything has been wonderful and I am now only using 25% after 18 holes. It also 'trickle' charges if the cart is not used for a long duration.
Just some info.
swittie is offline   Reply With Quote
Go Back   Buggies Gone Wild Golf Cart Forum > Golf Cart Repair and Troubleshooting > Electric EZGO