lifted club cars - lifted ezgo
Home FAQDonate Who's Online
Go Back   Buggies Gone Wild Golf Cart Forum > Golf Cart Repair and Troubleshooting > Gas EZGO
Gas EZGO Gas EZGO Marathon, Medalist, TXT and RXV.

Post New Thread  Reply

Old 02-20-2011, 03:27 PM   #11
scottyb
Happy Carting

E-Z-GO

Default Re: Workhorse Front Lift Question?

I have pics somewhere of another one that did not get pipes, just bolts and it sat on the axle and bolts squeezed everything together.... Get off the couch

You might have to use spindle risers.... google some or check the sponsors.
scottyb is offline   Reply With Quote
Alt Today
BGW

Golf car forum Sponsored Links

Old 02-20-2011, 04:31 PM   #12
reinman88
Gone Wild

Quote:
Get off the couch
In the 30s outside and in the barn. Time is better spent today planning, and unfortunately splitting some more wood to keep the old stove going. I do have the cart of the workhorse full of split wood waiting to come to the house to fill the woodbox. So I did do something today.

Quote:
You might have to use spindle risers.
While out splitting wood I took a closer look under the cart. The tie rods have very little if any thread showing. So I assume that means there is room to lengthen then some.

If there is no thread showing, how far can they be extended and still be safe?
reinman88 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-20-2011, 04:44 PM   #13
scottyb
Happy Carting

E-Z-GO

Near 2 inches each side. This allows for the 4" drop axle install which is also 4" wider which helps those big tires clear the springs in tight turns... that is another thing to look at. Turn the wheel all the way and see how close to the spring your existing tire comes to it.
Old 02-20-2011, 05:13 PM   #14
Aussie Workhorse
Not Yet Wild
E-Z-GO

Hey guy's there is no problem using this thread to help others so ask away that's what BGW is all about isn't it.

Hey scottyb I would love to see the photos of the one you did with out the Gas pipe.

Was the plate something you cut up did you just copy / mirror the bottom one. Would you gain more strength running a weld or will it weaken the axel?

Thanks.
Aussie Workhorse is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-20-2011, 05:51 PM   #15
reinman88
Gone Wild

Quote:
Turn the wheel all the way and see how close to the spring your existing tire comes to it.
Today with standard tire and rim there is about 1 to 1 1/2 inch between tire and springs.

I was thinking of a 22x10-10 tire. Actual tire size, according to the website is 21.7x9.9. These would of course go on offset 10 inch rims.

If this tire is mounted on a 10 inch offset rim, would the inside edge of the tire be farther out then what I have now, or would they be the same? If they are not farther in, then I assume I should be fine.

If the tie rods can be lengthened 2 inches each side, I'd think there should be plenty of length to get the job done. Today they slant down in the middle, so they should be able to slant up some at their present setting.

I take it the extra plate for the springs can be purchased so a person doesn't have to have one made, or try to make one themselves.
reinman88 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-20-2011, 06:25 PM   #16
Aussie Workhorse
Not Yet Wild
E-Z-GO

Quote:
Originally Posted by kgsc View Post
Aussie, I know you have the 2003 WH but what front axle ? Is the steering box mounted to the frame or the axle ? And btw, I am trying to do the same thing with my 04 MPT 1200.
Hi mate, steering box is mounted to the frame. I would think that would make it easier to pout the springs on top of the axel.

Aussie Workhorse.
Old 02-20-2011, 06:31 PM   #17
scottyb
Happy Carting

E-Z-GO

I haven't tried this with one of the new style axles, just the old ones without a steering box to deal with.... I'll find those pics ~ The extra plate just came from another ezgo... There were 2 sizes through a long and a short so you gotta find or buy the right ones....measure front to back they were 3 1/4 and 3 3/4 +/- a bit. I have a boat load of the short ones but can't help on the long ones?

On your 10" wheels the offset will make all the difference in the world, actually putting the tire further out away from the spring which is good...
Old 02-20-2011, 06:32 PM   #18
Aussie Workhorse
Not Yet Wild
E-Z-GO

Hey Scottyb, I just pulled mine apart on the spare cart on your photos I see the front bolt going through the spring.

My spring has no hole, did you drill through it? from past experiences spring steel is a bugger to drill through.

Did you make the extra set of plates or are the off the shelf ezgo dealer?

Thanks

Aussie Workhorse.
Old 02-20-2011, 07:16 PM   #19
scottyb
Happy Carting

E-Z-GO

Picture of the early flip.... You can see our bolts were a little long and you can see we used 2" shock extenders and new shock rubbers. That worked out good.
Attached Images
File Type: jpg IMG_4526.jpg (100.3 KB, 41 views)
Old 02-20-2011, 07:20 PM   #20
scottyb
Happy Carting

E-Z-GO

These springs have a hole in the end of them... How on earth does your spring stay in place?
The plates are stock extras.
Go Back   Buggies Gone Wild Golf Cart Forum > Golf Cart Repair and Troubleshooting > Gas EZGO