lifted club cars - lifted ezgo
Home FAQDonate Who's Online
Go Back   Buggies Gone Wild Golf Cart Forum > Golf Cart Repair and Troubleshooting > Electric EZGO
Electric EZGO Electric EZ GO Marathon, Medalist, TXT and RXV.

Post New Thread  Reply

Old 01-31-2015, 09:13 PM   #1
beach cart
Gone Wild

E-Z-GO

Default Rear spring shackle help

I have newbie type questions so bare with me.

I have made new shackles for a left 3/4" lean TXT. 1" and 1 1/2", according to a couple of threads may need to be double the length of the lean fix going to o install tomorrow.

Will the shackles lift the body and with this will the bottoms look about the same.

Finally do the shocks have to be removed at bottom to move springs around.
beach cart is offline   Reply With Quote
Alt Today
BGW

Golf car forum Sponsored Links

Old 01-31-2015, 10:00 PM   #2
pachanga90
I Refuse To Get Stuck!!!

E-Z-GO

Default Re: Rear spring shackle help

The longer shackles will lift the entire body/chassis.If its leaning,look at the shackles mount angle,if one is further rearward than the other,that spring is worn out or broken and split in half,likely at the center pin at the axle.Unbolting the shocks may not be needed,try it first and see.Fixing it correctly is a better way than a band-aid like 1 longer shackle.I work for a spring-shop,ive seen almost every way of trying to "fix" a lean,and they usually cause problems or add to existing ones.Hope this helps.
pachanga90 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-31-2015, 10:36 PM   #3
beach cart
Gone Wild

E-Z-GO

Pachanga great points but I have replaced the springs and shocks then swapped springs like sportcoupe suggested no change. I have lift blocks made 3/4" and 1" also longer shackles all made up. I even thought about putting one 3 leaf spring on the left. There is nothing bent or broke.
Old 02-01-2015, 08:10 AM   #4
sportcoupe
Gone Wild

E-Z-GO

Quote:
Originally Posted by beach cart View Post
There is nothing bent or broke.
Your frame IS probably twisted some from years of service. The only way to know is to remove everything and put frame on a jig. Way too much trouble so extended shackle on driver side is your easiest way out. It's easier then adding a block also.

I would use a 1" longer shackle (bolt eye to eye) then stock shackle to correct a 3/4" lean for a starting point.
sportcoupe is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-01-2015, 11:12 AM   #5
beach cart
Gone Wild

E-Z-GO

Thanks sportcoupe I will proceed with the 1" then report back. Your probably right, if I had to remove everything, might as well attach everything back to a new frame.
Old 02-01-2015, 11:13 AM   #6
pachanga90
I Refuse To Get Stuck!!!

E-Z-GO

I agree with SportCoupe,sounds like the frame is tweaked.One more thing though,how is the front?An issue up front can cause the rear to lean,depending on whats wrong.
Old 02-01-2015, 11:18 AM   #7
beach cart
Gone Wild

E-Z-GO

It has seen many miles of road driving from me in the last 3 plus years over 5000 miles recorded on an EX-RAY plus 3 years on a local golf course.
Old 02-01-2015, 11:24 AM   #8
beach cart
Gone Wild

E-Z-GO

The front has a Jake's long travel, hopefully its good, I believe the shocks are adjustable if the need is there.
Old 02-01-2015, 11:28 AM   #9
pachanga90
I Refuse To Get Stuck!!!

E-Z-GO

I would look at the front,see if they are set the same on each side,if all.looks good,then go for the rear.
Old 02-01-2015, 11:35 AM   #10
beach cart
Gone Wild

E-Z-GO

I looked at this the other day, an in fact the shocks have not been adjusted since install, but that sure does not make it right, or mean they are adjusted the same, carts sure take a lot of tweaking but they sure are fun. I will adjust if the need is there, will have to learn from net proper way to do this.
Go Back   Buggies Gone Wild Golf Cart Forum > Golf Cart Repair and Troubleshooting > Electric EZGO