lifted club cars - lifted ezgo
Home FAQDonate Who's Online
Go Back   Buggies Gone Wild Golf Cart Forum > Golf Cart Repair and Troubleshooting > Electric EZGO
Electric EZGO Electric EZ GO Marathon, Medalist, TXT and RXV.

Post New Thread  Reply

Old 02-17-2015, 07:07 PM   #31
sportcoupe
Gone Wild

E-Z-GO

Default Re: High torque motor getting hot will bigger controller help?

Well the Alltrax is very easy to program for throttle response and regen for example which makes a huge feeling of "power" or not. The curtis seems to require special equipment to the best of my knowledge.
sportcoupe is offline   Reply With Quote
Alt Today
BGW

Golf car forum Sponsored Links

Old 02-17-2015, 07:12 PM   #32
KactusKiller
Getting Wild

Yes it requires a very expensive programmer. I rented one but it was stolen out if my truck so I had to pay to replace it. That just adds to this whole fiasco of money I have dropped on this thing. Alltrax I can just plug into my laptop. I have the Curtis programmed as good as it can be now. Only reason to change now would be to improve performance.
KactusKiller is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-17-2015, 08:56 PM   #33
grassflatsfisher
Getting Wild

Haven't read every post but I went through all the same problems you are having with my 02 PDS. It was also a hunting cart and we have some significant hills etc to go up and down also. My original motor had a broken field wire from where the cart had been wrecked prior to me getting it. I sent the motor to plumquick and got one of their purple motors. It lasted about a month before buring it up. It was a great motor, it just wasn't made to creep around the camp with people, gear, and dead deer on the back. I ended up getting a d&d and it lasted about 2 days of turkey hunting before melting down. Again, just think the application was wrong. I then said enough is enough and bought the $100 kit to convert my cart from a PDS to a Series cart. Basically it was the fwd rvs knob, linkage, and Fnr switch itself in the kit...super easy install. I upgraded the buss bars in the factory fnr switch, new hd solenoid, new 500amp Alltrax, and a EMP 2 Speed series motor. Cart has run like a dream ever since. It has never over heated and will pull wheelies in torque mode. On high setting it runs about 20mph and on torque mode it tops out at 12mph which is perfect for hunting. I ended up selling it to a buddy of mine last year and he has run it the last 2 hunting season with no problems as well. Everyone in his camp wants to build one just like it because its faster and has a ton more power than any of theirs.

Although I do love that cart I upgraded to a 2011 RXV recently and I can not tell you how awesome this cart has been in the woods. It has taken me a little work to get all the squeeks and cracks out but now that I have it quieted down I feel like a ninja going in and out of my camp now. Matter of fact, its first 4 trips in the woods it hauled out 3 8pts and a big 7pt. And should have been a 5th 8pt I shot with my bow but ended losing on a neighbors property. Coincidence? Maybe...we had a crazy good rut this year. It runs 27mph top end and creeps along great with ZERO heating issues. The little bit of regen it has is perfect for going down hills. You basically get the speed where you want it and hold the pedel there and it stays at that speed. Plenty of torque and takes hills like their nothing. The DC/AC system is very efficient and goes forever on a charge compared to my other txt carts from the past. Very happy to say the least. Can't wait to chase A few long beards around next month.
grassflatsfisher is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-17-2015, 09:25 PM   #34
KactusKiller
Getting Wild

I have heard the rxv is a great cart.

I really want it as a series but I'm so far into this cart already, I guess what's another grand?
Old 02-17-2015, 10:59 PM   #35
grassflatsfisher
Getting Wild

Quote:
Originally Posted by KactusKiller View Post
I have heard the rxv is a great cart.

I really want it as a series but I'm so far into this cart already, I guess what's another grand?
Exactly what I said...then I went and spent a grand and had a cart that did everything I wanted it to do. I was ready to put the gas and match to it before. When the d&d burned up I was 6 miles from my camp. You ever walked 6 miles in a pair of muck boots? I have twice...my 1st and last. My feet hurt for a week.

Sell that d&d and controller while its still working and make the switch. Hunter to hunter you won't regret it. Get a high torque d&d series or a emp 2 speed and you won't look back. I promise.
Old 02-17-2015, 11:07 PM   #36
KactusKiller
Getting Wild

That is basically the same setup I had on my ezgo txt and it was great. Used it for several yrs.
Give me some more info on the 2 speed motor please.
Old 02-17-2015, 11:34 PM   #37
grassflatsfisher
Getting Wild

http://www.empinc.biz

They have a 2 speed motor set up. I called and talked with them for my build and told them my application and the problems I was having. They suggested the right setup that matched my need to go slow, climb hills, and get back and forth from the camp in a timely manner. They will also build the motor around what amp controller you plan to run.
Make sure you tell them you don't want a vented shell. You don't want water/dirt going in the motor.
Old 02-17-2015, 11:49 PM   #38
KactusKiller
Getting Wild

Thanks for the info.
Old 02-18-2015, 04:55 PM   #39
HiTechRedNeck
Gone Wild

OR--- Sell curent cart and spend grand to get RXV---
HiTechRedNeck is offline   Reply With Quote
Go Back   Buggies Gone Wild Golf Cart Forum > Golf Cart Repair and Troubleshooting > Electric EZGO