lifted club cars - lifted ezgo
Home FAQDonate Who's Online
Go Back   Buggies Gone Wild Golf Cart Forum > Golf Cart Repair and Troubleshooting > Electric EZGO
Electric EZGO Electric EZ GO Marathon, Medalist, TXT and RXV.

Post New Thread  Reply

Old 02-16-2015, 06:16 PM   #1
rammunition361
Gone Wild

Mixed Breed

Default how good can electric get?

I am looking at some packages from scottyb (no homo). Where can I see videos of carts with these components? ive searched youtube but cant find anything and I wanna know how much hot, nasty, badass speed and torque my cart will have if I keep it and buy one of these controller packages. What is the all around best setup for series cart with 23" tires for offroad? I believe he suggested #485. Anybody have performance vids that would be similar to my setup??? thanks in advance
rammunition361 is offline   Reply With Quote
Alt Today
BGW

Golf car forum Sponsored Links

Old 02-16-2015, 07:02 PM   #2
Hecky50
Gone Wild
Club Car

Default Re: how good can electric get?

Depends how much you want to spend. Check out the 84 volt lithium AC cart recently posted.
Hecky50 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-16-2015, 07:05 PM   #3
Revolution
Voltaholic

Mixed Breed

Money is the only real limiting factor! Scottys #485 package is a great deal. What motor are you planing on running? The motor selection and your needs will be a major factor in you satisfaction with the results.
Revolution is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-16-2015, 07:07 PM   #4
Sir Nuke
Master of All Things

E-Z-GO

Quote:
Originally Posted by rammunition361 View Post
I am looking at some packages from scottyb (no homo). Where can I see videos of carts with these components? ive searched youtube but cant find anything and I wanna know how much hot, nasty, badass speed and torque my cart will have if I keep it and buy one of these controller packages. What is the all around best setup for series cart with 23" tires for offroad? I believe he suggested #485. Anybody have performance vids that would be similar to my setup??? thanks in advance
well I don't have any videos BUT I have that complete package......and you can see in my sig all the pieces of my entire drive system.

NOW.....one critical part to make your cart as fast and torque as you want is the MOTOR.....SO what motor are you running.....or what motor are you wanting to run. That in itself would be a good thing to talk to Scotty about. That way..... you will get all the bang for your buck.
Sir Nuke is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-17-2015, 06:03 AM   #5
yurtle
Gone Mad
E-Z-GO

Driving conditions - hilly or flat, on road, gravel, off road, tire size, weight carried which could be 1 100 pound person or 4 300 pound people, cargo - is this to be a hunting buggy carrying several carcases, a passenger, beer, in hilly, muddy, sandy, etc.

As mentioned, the motor will play a big role. Do you want pure speed, pure torque, or a compromise between the two.

You really have to decide what you want first. The next decision would be whether you want 36 or 48 (you want 48 ) volts. Do you want it lifted with big tires?
yurtle is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-17-2015, 06:06 AM   #6
yurtle
Gone Mad
E-Z-GO

Unrelated question. How do you post an 8 followed by a ) with out it turning into a smiley? I just added a space above.

(36 or 4

(36 or 48 )
Old 02-17-2015, 06:40 AM   #7
rammunition361
Gone Wild

Mixed Breed

i don't really wanna replace the motor. Honestly i don't wanna buy anything else for it lol. But nevertheless i will be either juicing this sparky up or buying a gas cart because i aint happy with what i got, cut and dry. Will the #485 package from scottyb give me longer run times or shorter?
rammunition361 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-17-2015, 06:52 AM   #8
yurtle
Gone Mad
E-Z-GO

Run times are more related to battery capacity - amp-hours, and driving conditions/habits. A battery pack stores energy. It takes a certain amount of energy to drive from point A to point B. Ignoring losses, if you drive the same, your mileage should be the same. However, if you buy a package that allows you to suck the energy out of your pack at a greater rate, and have a heavy foot as far as acceleration, you may find you get less range, just like with a car.

Also, if you drive faster, rolling and wind resistance goes up, and not linearly.
Old 02-17-2015, 07:34 AM   #9
Sir Nuke
Master of All Things

E-Z-GO

Quote:
i don't really wanna replace the motor. Honestly i don't wanna buy anything else for it lol. But nevertheless i will be either juicing this sparky up or buying a gas cart because i aint happy with what i got, cut and dry. Will the #485 package from scottyb give me longer run times or shorter?
the things Yurtle said above are all true.......

BUT seeing as how you have a SERIES cart......and you have the stock motor.....if all you do is get that package and nothing else, your cart will run the same as it does now.....if you want/need more speed/torque, you will have to do one of 3 things ALONG with the upgrade to that package.

1. get a new motor to able to use the new delivery system.
2. upgrade to 48v as well as pkg #485 with the stock motor .... going to 48v will increase speed/torque by 30%
3. do both 1 & 2 and then you will have a killer cart!
Sir Nuke is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-17-2015, 07:44 AM   #10
yeabuddy
Getting Wild

E-Z-GO

Quote:
What aren't you happy with? Is it still just the run time or is it speed and or torque? What kind of performance are you getting from it now and what more do you want out of it? I'm about to make some upgrades, 1 by 1, e.g. batteries, cables, controller, etc. I have asked a lot of your same questions so I might be able to help. I'll let you know how it improves as I go.
yeabuddy is offline   Reply With Quote
Go Back   Buggies Gone Wild Golf Cart Forum > Golf Cart Repair and Troubleshooting > Electric EZGO