lifted club cars - lifted ezgo
Home FAQDonate Who's Online
Go Back   Buggies Gone Wild Golf Cart Forum > Golf Cart Repair and Troubleshooting > Electric EZGO
Electric EZGO Electric EZ GO Marathon, Medalist, TXT and RXV.

Post New Thread  Reply

Old 04-23-2015, 07:43 PM   #1
E Andrews
Not Yet Wild

Default 99 txt loss of forward speed and torque

I have a 99 TXT that looses speed and torque in forward, but has normal speed and torque in reverse. As an example, when going up an incline in forward it will slow down and loose speed (does not stop completely), all while with the pedal is floorboarded. But you can put it in reverse and go up the same incline backwards with no loss of speed and actually gain speed as you depress the accelerator like normal. I have checked the voltage across the battery bank while driving in forward and there is no significant drop in voltage under load. Any suggestions or ideas of what the problem may be would be appreciated.
E Andrews is offline   Reply With Quote
Alt Today
BGW

Golf car forum Sponsored Links

Old 04-23-2015, 09:52 PM   #2
scottyb
Happy Carting

E-Z-GO

Default Re: 99 txt loss of forward speed and torque

turn the differential around
scottyb is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-02-2015, 10:06 PM   #3
yurtle
Gone Mad
E-Z-GO

Did it ever work "right"? If so, did you make any modifications or changes?
yurtle is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-03-2015, 05:38 PM   #4
marksmatter
Not Yet Wild

I am a total newbie to carts, but test drove a '99 EZGO yesterday and thought it performed really badly on slight inclines as well as straight and level. Max speed was about 10 mph. In contrast, I borrowed my parents cart that is about the same age, and we were going twice as fast per GPS with an additional adult on board. Any ideas as to common problems? Battery fluid was clear and cart looked well-maintained. Did not notice any buildup on the battery plates either. Thanks.
marksmatter is offline   Reply With Quote
Go Back   Buggies Gone Wild Golf Cart Forum > Golf Cart Repair and Troubleshooting > Electric EZGO