lifted club cars - lifted ezgo
Home FAQDonate Who's Online
Go Back   Buggies Gone Wild Golf Cart Forum > Golf Cart Repair and Troubleshooting > Electric EZGO
Electric EZGO Electric EZ GO Marathon, Medalist, TXT and RXV.

Post New Thread  Reply

Old 05-14-2015, 04:10 PM   #1
Lancectx
Not Yet Wild

Default 96 EZGO Continually beeps!

Howdy!

I'm a newbie, lost and confused. Please be gentle!

I have a 96 EZGO with new batteries. The cart worked fine before the batteries, even after the batteries. It has started the following: Will reverse about 30 feet, then die. When put in forward it starts beeping continually, unless I press the accelerator and then it stops - until I release. To make it stop, I put it in maintenance and then back in normal mode. I can let it set for 15 minutes and it will do this all again! Any thoughts? I'm losing hair (From pulling it all out!)

Thanks in Advance!
Lancectx is offline   Reply With Quote
Alt Today
BGW

Golf car forum Sponsored Links

Old 05-14-2015, 04:48 PM   #2
kgsc
Gone Wild

Mixed Breed

Default Re: 96 EZGO Continually beeps!

I am assuming you flipped it to tow before you changed the batteries but look at the wires for the speed sensor. Assuming DCS cart.. They are in a grey sheath running from the controller around the back passenger side battery. May be grounding out
kgsc is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 05-15-2015, 09:53 AM   #3
Lancectx
Not Yet Wild

KGSC - Thanks for the reply! Yes I did put it in tow before changing the batteries - heard I might get a charge out of it if I didn't!
I did a little investigation. Took the cover that holds the tow/run switch off and the wires were all burned in there. Going to replace this switch and wires and see what happens next. Looks like the wires were caught somehow on the posts of the "stuff" in there. maybe the issue - if not totally, I bet at least part! Will update -
BTW - Where is the speed sensor? I'll check it all out - gotta learn!

Thanks again!
Lancectx is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-15-2015, 10:17 AM   #4
JohnnieB
Techno-Nerd

E-Z-GO

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lancectx View Post
KGSC - Thanks for the reply! Yes I did put it in tow before changing the batteries - heard I might get a charge out of it if I didn't!
I did a little investigation. Took the cover that holds the tow/run switch off and the wires were all burned in there. Going to replace this switch and wires and see what happens next. Looks like the wires were caught somehow on the posts of the "stuff" in there. maybe the issue - if not totally, I bet at least part! Will update -
BTW - Where is the speed sensor? I'll check it all out - gotta learn!

Thanks again!
If you have a DCS drive system, it does not have a speed sensor.
The PDS drive system, which succeeded the DCS in model year 2000, had a speed sensor.

Attached are schematics for both.
Attached Images
File Type: jpg Wiring Diagram - Late DCS - No Diode.JPG (88.9 KB, 0 views)
File Type: jpg Wiring Diagram - PDS.JPG (129.4 KB, 0 views)
JohnnieB is offline   Reply With Quote
Go Back   Buggies Gone Wild Golf Cart Forum > Golf Cart Repair and Troubleshooting > Electric EZGO