lifted club cars - lifted ezgo
Home FAQDonate Who's Online
Go Back   Buggies Gone Wild Golf Cart Forum > Golf Cart Repair and Troubleshooting > Gas Club Car
Gas Club Car Gas DS, and Precedent golf cars

Post New Thread  Reply

Old 12-14-2015, 10:08 PM   #21
ReelTight
Gone Wild

Club Car

Default Re: Couple of Questions

How does that puller work?
ReelTight is offline   Reply With Quote
Alt Today
BGW

Golf car forum Sponsored Links

Old 12-14-2015, 11:30 PM   #22
villebacker
Gone Wild

Yamaha

Jack up your cart and remove the right rear wheel. You can then use impact wrench with an extension to remove the center bolt holding the drive clutch on the engine. Then screw the puller into the center hole where you removed the center bolt. Hit it with a short burst from your impact wrench and the clutch will pop loose where you can remove it easily.

I made my own puller to save a little money. Read through this link:

http://www.buggiesgonewild.com/gas-c...ch-puller.html
villebacker is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-15-2015, 07:11 AM   #23
ReelTight
Gone Wild

Club Car

Quote:
Originally Posted by villebacker View Post
Jack up your cart and remove the right rear wheel. You can then use impact wrench with an extension to remove the center bolt holding the drive clutch on the engine. Then screw the puller into the center hole where you removed the center bolt. Hit it with a short burst from your impact wrench and the clutch will pop loose where you can remove it easily.

I made my own puller to save a little money. Read through this link:

http://www.buggiesgonewild.com/gas-c...ch-puller.html
I can see how jacking up the cart and removing the tire gives me access to the rear driven clutch but how does that gain me access to the front drive clutch? I was looking at it further last night before I went to bed and I don't even see how going from underneath the cart is going to gain me access to the drive clutch. I can get to it but wouldn't be able to put a puller on it. I might be able to do it if I remove the leaf spring. ????
Old 12-15-2015, 04:32 PM   #24
Kudaman
Gone Wild

Club Car

I put a six inch lift and 23 inch tires on my 99 CCDS. I also put in a clutch spring in. I get about 20 mph and have not adjusted my governor.....yet....kids are still a little young to be breaking land speed records with. I had the body off when doing the clutch spring and it was pretty easy. I couldn't believe the torque increased I got. I didn't machine the surface....
Kudaman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-15-2015, 05:52 PM   #25
ReelTight
Gone Wild

Club Car

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kudaman View Post
I put a six inch lift and 23 inch tires on my 99 CCDS. I also put in a clutch spring in. I get about 20 mph and have not adjusted my governor.....yet....kids are still a little young to be breaking land speed records with. I had the body off when doing the clutch spring and it was pretty easy. I couldn't believe the torque increased I got. I didn't machine the surface....
20mph is all I'm looking for. That would be plenty for what I do. Right now...bone stock with the governor spring zip tied I run about 15-16. I plan on lifting it 6" and running 23" tires. At a second look at my whole ordeal, I'll machine the driven clutch. I think the bigger tires will give me the few extra mph that I'm looking for and the clutch will help me keep on climbing.

Like Tom said...I'm only dealing with a 9hp motor so there is only so much I can do with it. I don't need to be a speed demon. But would like to keep up with "slow" traffic and climb a hill when needed.
Old 12-15-2015, 07:07 PM   #26
Kudaman
Gone Wild

Club Car

Sounds like you are on the right track. The 6" lift is a little tippy. I recommend getting the wheel spacers for it. *i have not ordered mine but will before next year....20 mph on a cart is pretty fast!
Kudaman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-15-2015, 07:27 PM   #27
ReelTight
Gone Wild

Club Car

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kudaman View Post
Sounds like you are on the right track. The 6" lift is a little tippy. I recommend getting the wheel spacers for it. *i have not ordered mine but will before next year....20 mph on a cart is pretty fast!
Spacers??? Talk to me. I thought I would be alright buying offset wheels. Right? Wrong? Indifferent?
Old 12-15-2015, 07:50 PM   #28
lockman1
What the ....?

Club Car

Having offset wheels without spacers will be fine, just as long as you don't take hard turns going full throttle!
even without a lift, or higher speeds... it's pretty easy to roll a golf car with a hard turn!
lockman1 is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 12-15-2015, 08:08 PM   #29
ReelTight
Gone Wild

Club Car

Can you do spacers and offset wheels? If so would that be preferred?
Old 12-15-2015, 08:28 PM   #30
lockman1
What the ....?

Club Car

Well... Sure! I have spacers also!
BUT... the only reason I did it was so that my tires stuck out from the wheel wells... because it looked cool!

HOWEVER... there is the benefit from using spacers, they DO widen your stance and make your cart more stable from tipping...
(as long as you don't push it around corners!)

There will always be a situation where too much, IS too much when turning a corner, no matter how wide the stance is!

lockman1 is online now   Reply With Quote
Go Back   Buggies Gone Wild Golf Cart Forum > Golf Cart Repair and Troubleshooting > Gas Club Car