lifted club cars - lifted ezgo
Home FAQDonate Who's Online
Go Back   Buggies Gone Wild Golf Cart Forum > Golf Cart Repair and Troubleshooting > Electric Club Car
Electric Club Car Electric DS, and Precedent golf cars

Post New Thread  Reply

Old 03-21-2016, 05:26 PM   #21
begvis
Not Yet Wild

Default Re: Alltrax xct install

Sergio
Pack voltage is 50.4 from red on pack to black on last battery

From neg on pack to red on charger receptacle its

From red receptacle to grey wire on receptacle its 49.4...a lil off whst you said it should be. So this means i have not installed a wire correct. Any clue which one?

Scotty, on the obc stud. I leave the plastic sleeve and washers on it correct, the part that goes thru the obc? All i did was unscrew the bolts slid it in added the wire and redid the nut.

Getting closer?
Thx again
begvis is offline   Reply With Quote
Alt Today
BGW

Golf car forum Sponsored Links

Old 03-21-2016, 05:29 PM   #22
scottyb
Happy Carting

E-Z-GO

Sounds right
scottyb is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-21-2016, 06:20 PM   #23
Sergio
Gone Wild

Club Car

Quote:
Originally Posted by begvis View Post
Sergio
Pack voltage is 50.4 from red on pack to black on last battery

From neg on pack to red on charger receptacle its

From red receptacle to grey wire on receptacle its 49.4...a lil off whst you said it should be. So this means i have not installed a wire correct. Any clue which one?

Scotty, on the obc stud. I leave the plastic sleeve and washers on it correct, the part that goes thru the obc? All i did was unscrew the bolts slid it in added the wire and redid the nut.

Getting closer?
Thx again
If Your meter has a low impedance, it could have triggered the OBC, did the voltage change when You were measuring the grey wire?

If You disconnect the AC charger plug from the wall, do You hear any "clicks" inside the charger when You plug the DC cord into the cart?
Sergio is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-21-2016, 06:52 PM   #24
begvis
Not Yet Wild

Letting it sit d/c from neg post for 15 minutes for a reset. Should i retest grey and red receptacle wire then, or try and charge, if failing pulling cord from wall to hear the clicks?
Yes voltagechanged slightly, high 49s then settled at 49.4
Old 03-21-2016, 07:12 PM   #25
begvis
Not Yet Wild

49.4 volts from red to grey, didnt flucuate, however it kicked the charger on. Its humming quietly, im waiting for a muted orange glow from a fire :/. Ill start putting it back together tomorrow. Respray the body this weekend and post my performance once i get the laptop hooked up to it.

Seems as the factory reset isnt as good as just pulling the negative lead off while u eat dinner
Old 03-21-2016, 07:20 PM   #26
Sergio
Gone Wild

Club Car

If everything is working fine the current should start to taper down from 15 to 10 to 5... over the next few hours.

That reset procedure from Alltrax is for older Series carts, and even for those just removing the power for 10 minutes will reset the OBC.

Hopefully that was all it needed to get working.
Old 03-21-2016, 09:19 PM   #27
begvis
Not Yet Wild

Its been 3 hours maybe. Its down to 3amps. Pack was 50.4 before i got it working, but read about the equalization etc. Seems like its doing its thing to get last 15% in. Batteries are gurgling like they do. Ill take a measurement 12 hours after shut off of each battery and the whole pack voltage.
Again, thanks for helping and a big shout out to Scotty, whats on this forum is only part of the convo i had with him on phone and email. I just hope he sells to me in the future getting stumped on a simple install and all
Old 03-21-2016, 09:50 PM   #28
scottyb
Happy Carting

E-Z-GO

Glad to hear it's okay now
scottyb is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-22-2016, 11:15 AM   #29
begvis
Not Yet Wild

I didnt let it shut off last nite, wanted to sleep, 54.4 last nite, after 12 hours off charge its at 51.1. Seems to be working
Old 03-22-2016, 11:29 AM   #30
Sergio
Gone Wild

Club Car

After You reset the OBC, it needs to finish a few full charge cycles in order to get a baseline for the batteries condition.

You do not want to interrupt that process.

Make sure the next time You plug the charger in, You let it run until it finishes on its own (up to 16 hours).

Your voltage looks good though.
Go Back   Buggies Gone Wild Golf Cart Forum > Golf Cart Repair and Troubleshooting > Electric Club Car