lifted club cars - lifted ezgo
Home FAQDonate Who's Online
Go Back   Buggies Gone Wild Golf Cart Forum > Golf Cart Repair and Troubleshooting > Electric EZGO
Electric EZGO Electric EZ GO Marathon, Medalist, TXT and RXV.

Post New Thread  Reply

Old 05-19-2016, 05:57 PM   #11
Revolution
Voltaholic

Mixed Breed

Default Re: has anyone ever drppped or removed the front axle on a 4 wheel drive cart?

I just checked on my BBB I can reach the top shock studs without removing the dashboard.
Revolution is offline   Reply With Quote
Alt Today
BGW

Golf car forum Sponsored Links

Old 05-19-2016, 06:10 PM   #12
Revolution
Voltaholic

Mixed Breed

Default Re: has anyone ever drppped or removed the front axle on a 4 wheel drive cart?

If you wind up needing CVs or front axles look here http://www.ebay.com/itm/271907656464

I purchased 2 CV joints 2 hubs and several spare axles from them (forestcarts) on eBay.

I had snapped a front axle in my BBB, they were the only place I could find the hubs and axles.

The axles had a small amount of surface rust since they were old stock, but they fit and function fine.
Old 05-19-2016, 07:06 PM   #13
kab69440
Gone Wild

E-Z-GO

Thanks for that link! You know, for as often as eBay seems to be my go-to source for anything I cannot just walk into a hardware store and buy, I never ONCE thought about looking there for spare CVs!
kab69440 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-19-2016, 07:24 PM   #14
Clemsoncartguy
Gone Wild
E-Z-GO

I even buy a ton of "walk in the store parts" from eBay cause of the price!
Clemsoncartguy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-19-2016, 08:08 PM   #15
Revolution
Voltaholic

Mixed Breed

They have most of the BBB front end parts you will ever need. Ive only ordered from them once but I got what I couldn't get anywhere else. Apparently they were the original maker of the BBB front axles
Old 05-20-2016, 05:29 AM   #16
kab69440
Gone Wild

E-Z-GO

That is good information!
kab69440 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-20-2016, 07:27 AM   #17
Clemsoncartguy
Gone Wild
E-Z-GO

Quote:
Originally Posted by Revolution View Post
They have most of the BBB front end parts you will ever need. Ive only ordered from them once but I got what I couldn't get anywhere else. Apparently they were the original maker of the BBB front axles
They still make the BBB right?
Old 05-20-2016, 03:02 PM   #18
Revolution
Voltaholic

Mixed Breed

Quote:
Originally Posted by Clemsoncartguy View Post
They still make the BBB right?
Yes, but the original BBB went out of business and I believe EZGO bought the name after that. (I could be wrong)

If you have one of the original ones, parts are not easily available.

The new 4x4 ones use different front axles.
Old 05-20-2016, 03:09 PM   #19
csport
Gone Wild
E-Z-GO

I see said the blind man

1st photo is what I drained from the front differential when I took out the drain plug 1/4 grease, 3/4 water- please remember, this a=was a cart used on a lot of outdoor TV shows and it was pushed harder than 95% of the average cart users.- this was given to me! I did not do this ( I didn't want the cart police knocking on my door at 2 am and kicking my butt for cart abuse)

2nd is my first view of the gears

3rd is next view of the gears

I have to figure out how to pull out the axles- there is no snap ring, like there is on the rear axles and look at the pinion gear and look at the bearings- passengers and drivers side- I have yet to see a schematic of the rear end- so any suggestions on great place to get new or used ring and pinion?

thanks

and yes they still make BBB. Ezgo bought them and now, you can get some wild combination carts, 73 volt I believe
Attached Images
File Type: jpg prob1.jpg (175.1 KB, 0 views)
File Type: jpg prob2.jpg (223.9 KB, 0 views)
File Type: jpg prob3.jpg (242.7 KB, 0 views)
csport is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-20-2016, 05:11 PM   #20
Clemsoncartguy
Gone Wild
E-Z-GO

Quote:
Originally Posted by Revolution View Post
Yes, but the original BBB went out of business and I believe EZGO bought the name after that. (I could be wrong)

If you have one of the original ones, parts are not easily available.

The new 4x4 ones use different front axles.
Yea I know ezgo and BBB are tied togeather now I saw but I didn't know that until recently so that makes sense that BBB was a different standalone company
Go Back   Buggies Gone Wild Golf Cart Forum > Golf Cart Repair and Troubleshooting > Electric EZGO