lifted club cars - lifted ezgo
Home FAQDonate Who's Online
Go Back   Buggies Gone Wild Golf Cart Forum > Golf Cart Repair and Troubleshooting > Electric EZGO
Electric EZGO Electric EZ GO Marathon, Medalist, TXT and RXV.

Post New Thread  Reply

Old 05-20-2016, 06:52 PM   #21
Revolution
Voltaholic

Mixed Breed

Default Re: has anyone ever drppped or removed the front axle on a 4 wheel drive cart?

Csport to get the axles out you will have to remove the hubs and the steering knuckles and the CV joints. Then you can get to the snap rings.
Revolution is offline   Reply With Quote
Alt Today
BGW

Golf car forum Sponsored Links

Old 05-20-2016, 09:21 PM   #22
csport
Gone Wild
E-Z-GO

Default Re: has anyone ever drppped or removed the front axle on a 4 wheel drive cart?

I was looking, and have not yet found the snap rings, are they inside the pumpkin?

however Me looking for the snap rings is funny, it could be right in front on me. I am going to spray the inside out with some brake cleaner and then maybe I can see them LOLOL
csport is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-20-2016, 10:25 PM   #23
Revolution
Voltaholic

Mixed Breed

The snap rings are in the axle tubes, you have to get the CVjoints out of the way to get to them.
Old 05-20-2016, 10:32 PM   #24
csport
Gone Wild
E-Z-GO

is there a sponsor to look at for the ring gear? , if the ring is damaged, will the pinion also be screwed?
thanks
Old 05-21-2016, 11:57 AM   #25
kab69440
Gone Wild

E-Z-GO

Generally speaking a ring and pinion is best served to be replaced as a matched pair.
kab69440 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-21-2016, 02:09 PM   #26
Revolution
Voltaholic

Mixed Breed

Replace both if one is bad!
Old 05-21-2016, 08:19 PM   #27
csport
Gone Wild
E-Z-GO

I was looking at the pumpkin today and If I am not mistaken, is the clip on the far right, right next to the outer housing, the clips I need to remove to get the axle out?
Attached Images
File Type: jpg prob2.jpg (223.9 KB, 0 views)
Old 05-22-2016, 04:11 PM   #28
Revolution
Voltaholic

Mixed Breed

They are in the axle tube by the CV joints not the pumpkin.
Old 05-22-2016, 04:47 PM   #29
csport
Gone Wild
E-Z-GO

two more suggestions, have come up- wifes asked why dont I take the front differential off my 2005 bad boy buggy, that reverse is not working and pu it on the 2009 cart, where everything works?

One neighbor was looking what I was doing and asked, can I just remove the ring gear and disconnect the front motor? I would have a 2 wheel 48 volt cart

trying to find gears, that dont cost half a kazillion dollars is getting strange- some places when I asked bad boy, one place told me $1000 and I said its a freakin dana sAME as ezgo- oh ah oh no its not- ya buddy have a good day
Old 05-22-2016, 06:42 PM   #30
kab69440
Gone Wild

E-Z-GO

If you have a spare front axle, I'd do that. No use making it harder than it needs to be. You can always wait for a deal on replacement parts while the broken one is on the floor. In the meantime, you have a running cart.
kab69440 is offline   Reply With Quote
Go Back   Buggies Gone Wild Golf Cart Forum > Golf Cart Repair and Troubleshooting > Electric EZGO