lifted club cars - lifted ezgo
Home FAQDonate Who's Online
Go Back   Buggies Gone Wild Golf Cart Forum > Golf Cart Repair and Troubleshooting > Electric Yamaha
Electric Yamaha Electric Yamaha Golf Cars; G1 through "The Drive" and U-Max Utility Vehicles

Post New Thread  Reply

Old 08-12-2016, 07:18 PM   #11
Vabeachg19e
Not Yet Wild

Default Re: 2001 G19e fails to move

Both multi meter pins on both small solenoid terminals was no joy. Im not getting any response
Vabeachg19e is offline   Reply With Quote
Alt Today
BGW

Golf car forum Sponsored Links

Old 08-12-2016, 07:57 PM   #12
cgtech
Over This Interview Is...

Yamaha

ok, sounds like the controller is not commanding the solenoid "on" when it should. which sounds like a failed controller "logic board" to me.
cgtech is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-12-2016, 08:26 PM   #13
Vabeachg19e
Not Yet Wild

Cgtech thank you so much for all your help. What should be my next step? Rebuild? New? Used? I have been offered a controller by a member on here all ready and im thinking that could be an option.
Old 08-12-2016, 09:57 PM   #14
cgtech

Yamaha

if you can get a used stock controller to try for "dirt cheap", try it (it really needs to be from a G19 to avoid problems). otherwise get a alltrax new controller (ScottyB has the best prices around). forget the idea of a great deal on a "rebuilt controller", they are a waste of money better spent on a new controller in my opinion. you can get great performance increases with a new alltrax and some new cables. the stock solenoid was heavy duty on those, but should be upgraded too just based on age.
Old 08-20-2016, 07:00 AM   #15
Vabeachg19e
Not Yet Wild

So after getting some bad news about the controller being s hot aand the motor not worth matching a new upgraded controller to i decided to go all new motor and controller. I would to give thanks to ScottyB at Carts Unlimited for talking me through the process and leading me in the right direction. Im waiting cor the Admiral B2 motor and xct500pds controller and parts now and cant wait to get this cart back together.
Old 08-20-2016, 10:03 AM   #16
Vinny73
Gone Wild

Club Car

Quote:
Originally Posted by Vabeachg19e View Post
So after getting some bad news about the controller being s hot aand the motor not worth matching a new upgraded controller to i decided to go all new motor and controller. I would to give thanks to ScottyB at Carts Unlimited for talking me through the process and leading me in the right direction. Im waiting cor the Admiral B2 motor and xct500pds controller and parts now and cant wait to get this cart back together.
I look forward to hearing how you like this combination. That is the exact configuration I'm saving up for!!
Vinny73 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-30-2016, 08:42 PM   #17
Vabeachg19e
Not Yet Wild

Here the old girl sits nasty and dirty. Did some preventative maintenance while the controller and motor is out. Media blasted and painted battery holders,new rear fluid. The Admiral B2 motor is sitting in the shop and the controller will be in the mail tomorrow. Next step is put motor and controller in and fab up the 2g cables. Getting excited.
Old 08-31-2016, 01:47 AM   #18
cgtech

Yamaha

looks like you have a sweet plan. you will wish you never had messed with that original motor/controller when you see what a better setup feels like. huge difference. bye-bye crummy tin-can motor!
Old 09-02-2016, 07:31 AM   #19
Vabeachg19e
Not Yet Wild

I installed my new 2g cable setup lastnight and i have the cart working nicely. Any help/idea or info on how to programm this thing? Is it recommended? Maybe get some more performance out of it?
Thanks for all your help in advance
Go Back   Buggies Gone Wild Golf Cart Forum > Golf Cart Repair and Troubleshooting > Electric Yamaha