lifted club cars - lifted ezgo
Home FAQDonate Who's Online
Go Back   Buggies Gone Wild Golf Cart Forum > Golf Cart Repair and Troubleshooting > Electric EZGO
Electric EZGO Electric EZ GO Marathon, Medalist, TXT and RXV.

Post New Thread  Reply

Old 11-21-2016, 03:42 PM   #11
kgsc
Gone Wild

Mixed Breed

Default Re: Cart just stopped

If the voltage is that low the charger will not come on. Has to have a I believe 28 volts across the pack to start. If you have a regular car charger you can charge 2 batteries at a time to bring the pack back up.
kgsc is offline   Reply With Quote
Alt Today
BGW

Golf car forum Sponsored Links

Old 11-21-2016, 10:04 PM   #12
cgtech
Over This Interview Is...

Yamaha

Also, check your volt meter on a known good power source to verify volt meter operation. You wouldn't believe how often low batteries in volt meters show up. Try your volt meter on a battery in a automobile (that does start, lol).
cgtech is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-01-2016, 08:06 AM   #13
DonW
Not Yet Wild
E-Z-GO

Somehow the borrowed charger seemed to work but only after I jiggled some wires. Yay, took the cart down the street and back and then wham-o ... it just stopped again ... no juice to lights or accessories (but do get the 'reverse' siren and the 'battery meter' light is on). So, there must be an elusive short somewhere ... after a neighbor helped me push it back into the garage, I pulled on wires and wiggled them around, but no luck this time ...
Is there a way to run this issue down using a volt meter and without tearing everything apart?
DonW is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-01-2016, 09:16 AM   #14
FF Titus
Gone Wild

Do you have a mega fuse (60 amp) on the white wire off the charger setup to the main positive of the pack?

Pull up a service manual in the manuals section on here to troubleshoot.
FF Titus is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-01-2016, 09:54 AM   #15
Captain tj
Not Yet Wild

Quote:
Originally Posted by DonW View Post
oh fine ... I borrowed a battery charger and it does not hum either ... so it is not the charger after all ... I'm gonna cry ...
My volt meter only shows 2 volts per battery ... but the golf cart meter shows full (the one near the key switch (dash) ...
Do you get an error light on the charger (that you believe works)? My understanding is that when the batteries go below a certain level the EZGO charger won't work.

So 2 volts per battery? I assume you measure the total voltage?
Captain tj is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-01-2016, 02:59 PM   #16
Volt_Ampere
Gone Wild
Yamaha

Sounds like you have a broken connection either inside a battery or between them. Troubleshoot it with your meter. If you are reading 2V per battery there is something very wrong!
Volt_Ampere is online now   Reply With Quote
Go Back   Buggies Gone Wild Golf Cart Forum > Golf Cart Repair and Troubleshooting > Electric EZGO