lifted club cars - lifted ezgo
Home FAQDonate Who's Online
Go Back   Buggies Gone Wild Golf Cart Forum > Golf Cart Repair and Troubleshooting > Electric EZGO
Electric EZGO Electric EZ GO Marathon, Medalist, TXT and RXV.

Post New Thread  Reply

Old 11-20-2016, 09:29 PM   #1
Role
Gone Wild

Question Ezgo RXV with MJFX Armor Bumper Tires Rubbing?

Have a lifted ezgo RXV with the Madjax front armor Bumper that I just installed (not finished yet)

After getting the bumper mounted, I was looking at it and noticed how closely the inner tire on each side was to the bottom of the Bumper.
23" inch tires with a 6" spindle lift.

Driving straight doesn't concern me regarding the clearance between the tire and Bumper, HOWEVER, turning at full radius with weight on the shocks does concern me. Looks to me if you were to turn and hit a bump or even with a heavy load of weight that the tire would bite right into the bottom of the front brush guard / Bumper.

Has anyone run into this issue before? I really don't want wheel spacers cause the spindle already adds extra space on the front - and I also don't want to have to change the lift out to an A-Arm.

Any help is appreciated gentlemen
Attached Images
File Type: jpg IMG_7326.jpg (153.4 KB, 0 views)
Role is offline   Reply With Quote
Alt Today
BGW

Golf car forum Sponsored Links

Old 11-20-2016, 09:30 PM   #2
Role
Gone Wild

Default Re: Ezgo RXV with MJFX Armor Bumper Tires Rubbing?

Pic2
Attached Images
File Type: jpg IMG_7327.jpg (146.7 KB, 0 views)
Old 11-20-2016, 09:31 PM   #3
Role
Gone Wild

Pic 3
Attached Images
File Type: jpg 50138659005__690924E2-C131-4EE8-BC5E-B47B8A02151E.jpg (171.4 KB, 0 views)
File Type: jpg IMG_7330.jpg (65.7 KB, 0 views)
Old 11-24-2016, 09:21 PM   #4
Role
Gone Wild

I guess I'm going to pull the front bumper off and try and adjust the mounting holes or either fabricate some brackets to push the front of the bumper higher up and maybe get another inch or two away from the top of each tire in the front.
Old 11-25-2016, 01:47 AM   #5
cgtech
Over This Interview Is...

Yamaha

Have you already experienced contact, or just worried it will? I would give it a shot because the stock shock actually has so little travel that it might not be able to hit anyway.
cgtech is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-02-2016, 12:33 PM   #6
Role
Gone Wild

Quote:
Originally Posted by cgtech View Post
Have you already experienced contact, or just worried it will? I would give it a shot because the stock shock actually has so little travel that it might not be able to hit anyway.
After testing it numerous times, I've found that with two passengers and going straight it is in the "clear"

BUT, if you're turning sharp and off road, the tires grab the corner of the brush guard.

I tried adjusting the slotted mounting holes up as high as possible, it still rubbed.

After calling friends and other guys in the game, I've been told the A-Arm Madjax 6" lift kit is the only lift that will cause it NOT to rub the tires.
Go figure, right?

I'm about to put the 6" A-Arm Madjax lift kit on now and see if it resolves the issues.

Standby...
Old 12-03-2016, 12:34 AM   #7
cgtech
Over This Interview Is...

Yamaha

Ah yes, a spindle lift does have the effect of moving the tire location during turns much more than a a-arm lift does. At least it was a cheap lesson (not)!
cgtech is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
armor bumper, brush guard, madjax, rubbing, rxv
Go Back   Buggies Gone Wild Golf Cart Forum > Golf Cart Repair and Troubleshooting > Electric EZGO