lifted club cars - lifted ezgo
Home FAQDonate Who's Online
Go Back   Buggies Gone Wild Golf Cart Forum > Golf Cart Repair and Troubleshooting > Electric EZGO
Electric EZGO Electric EZ GO Marathon, Medalist, TXT and RXV.

Post New Thread  Reply

Old 11-26-2016, 02:01 AM   #1
Joel Craig
Gone Wild
E-Z-GO

Default which do I choose?

I have a 1997 ezgo TXT that I have done a few upgrades to over the year I have owned it, " lift , shocks, lights ect. It's my first cart and i have enjoyed working on it and have learned a lot about it. Now a couple of weeks ago i purchased a 1994 medalist 36volt also. My plan is to sell one of them and keep the other for my own and continue to upgrade it in order to get more torque and or speed with a new controller, I'm thinking using it for more off road than anything. I've read that the medalist is considered to be the workhorse of the ezgo carts but I'm not sure the one to chose . If anyone can give me some better advice on what i have I'd appreciate it.
Joel Craig is offline   Reply With Quote
Alt Today
BGW

Golf car forum Sponsored Links

Old 11-26-2016, 08:16 AM   #2
scottyb
Happy Carting

E-Z-GO

Default Re: which do I choose?

The medalist is a metal bodied TXT. They share the same frame, the same plastics, and roof. Ezgo made 2 different drive systems between 1994 and 1997. Series and DCS.
For the Series drive use SR48500 controller and 400 super solenoid.
For DCS drive use the XCT400 and 200 HD solenoid with the stock motor and XCT500 and 400 solenoid with bigger aftermarket motors.
scottyb is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-26-2016, 06:44 PM   #3
Sir Nuke
Master of All Things

E-Z-GO

Joel, as scotty mentioned, ezgo made two different drive systems. Which drive system does each have?

Considering your going to be using it for more off-road then anything....the best drive system for that purpose is the SERIES Drive.
Sir Nuke is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-27-2016, 02:28 AM   #4
Joel Craig
Gone Wild
E-Z-GO

Yes.. the 1994 medalist is a series cart and the TXT is a sepex. Will you explain to me why the series is better for off road?
Old 11-27-2016, 02:30 AM   #5
Joel Craig
Gone Wild
E-Z-GO

And thank you Scottyb for the great info.
Old 11-27-2016, 09:56 AM   #6
Sir Nuke
Master of All Things

E-Z-GO

the series drive is made and built for stop and go duty and in the process a lot of creeping a long as it is, as stated in your own OP, the series drive is considered to be the workhorse of the ezgo carts. Its why its used for work carts, where as the sepex system is truly designed for the golf course. Get in.....drive at full speed from ball to ball.
Sir Nuke is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-27-2016, 10:27 AM   #7
scottyb
Happy Carting

E-Z-GO

here is some good reading to help you decide which system fits your needs best > http://www.cartsunlimited.net/tech-help-upgrades.html
scottyb is offline   Reply With Quote
Go Back   Buggies Gone Wild Golf Cart Forum > Golf Cart Repair and Troubleshooting > Electric EZGO