lifted club cars - lifted ezgo
Home FAQDonate Who's Online
Go Back   Buggies Gone Wild Golf Cart Forum > Golf Cart Repair and Troubleshooting > Electric EZGO
Electric EZGO Electric EZ GO Marathon, Medalist, TXT and RXV.

Post New Thread  Reply

Old 03-23-2017, 08:48 AM   #21
scottyb
Happy Carting

E-Z-GO

Default Re: 48 Volt Solenoid hookup Help

This is a series drive cart. Going 48v is the best thing you could have done. However if your friend has a sepex drive you are not going to go faster than him. You have power to spare with a SR48400 controller. 48 volts will make the stock motor spin about 33% faster than stock and taller tires will increase top end in proportion to their size. THis means a 10% taller tire = 10% more top end speed in addition to the 30-33% the 48v upgrade got you.... remember if you think a big aftermarket motor is in your future - go with the SR48500 control and MZJ400 solenoid.
scottyb is offline   Reply With Quote
Alt Today
BGW

Golf car forum Sponsored Links

Old 05-10-2017, 03:43 PM   #22
longlimb
Not Yet Wild

Thanks for all the advice guys. Was able to switch my order to 6 - 8v's. Everything is in and working great! Have been tooling all over the neigborhood and have NO concerns about how long I can stay out and play! And the speed is great. Haven't done a speed test but way faster. And way faster than my buddy with a 36v system with taller tires even with my stock tires.

One issue remains though, my battery gauge. It only drops 1 or 2 ticks and then stays there. I've heard you sometimes have to unplug it, then fully charge, then plug back in. Well, I tried that with no success. I had this same issue with my 36v system and 36v battery gauge. Should I just replace the smaller gauge wires going to and from the switch and gauge? They are small. Could that be causing the problem?

Some pics attached of the battery setup. Beautiful.

Oh, and I have my charger and stock controller still. You all mentioned I should try to sell these here??
Attached Images
File Type: jpg IMG_0746.jpg (191.0 KB, 0 views)
File Type: jpg IMG_0740.jpg (193.2 KB, 0 views)
File Type: jpg IMG_0748.jpg (94.3 KB, 0 views)
File Type: jpg IMG_0749-1.jpg (125.7 KB, 0 views)
longlimb is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-10-2017, 04:01 PM   #23
yurtle
Gone Mad
E-Z-GO

You can post for sale items here:

http://www.buggiesgonewild.com/golf-carts-parts/
yurtle is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-10-2017, 07:49 PM   #24
cgtech
Over This Interview Is...

Yamaha

Neat idea covering the battery caps like that..
cgtech is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-10-2017, 07:53 PM   #25
longlimb
Not Yet Wild

Quote:
Originally Posted by cgtech View Post
Neat idea covering the battery caps like that..
Umm. Yeah, I know that sucks. But for some reason the cables I ordered only allowed for what you see. Stupid huh. Have to disconnect everything just to check/fill them.
longlimb is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-10-2017, 08:46 PM   #26
yurtle
Gone Mad
E-Z-GO

Cart batteries are just like many car batteries. Just barely touching the bottom of the fill tube is the correct level, to keep the acid/water ratio correct. Always fill after a charge, which will help prevent "boiling" over.

A water jug will automatically stop at the correct level.

https://www.amazon.com/Cycle-Battery.../dp/B00NB808P0

EDIT:

Don't fill it like the guy in the picture on the above website. He's holding it wrong to get the correct level.
Old 05-10-2017, 08:49 PM   #27
cgtech
Over This Interview Is...

Yamaha

Those jugs consistently overfill in my opinion. And you don't want water touching the bottom of the neck.
cgtech is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-10-2017, 08:59 PM   #28
yurtle
Gone Mad
E-Z-GO

Quote:
Originally Posted by cgtech View Post
Those jugs consistently overfill in my opinion. And you don't want water touching the bottom of the neck.
I stand corrected, you are right. Trojan says, "Add water until the electrolyte level is 1/8″ below the bottom of the fill well." I learned to fill car batteries the way I mentioned, at a garage I worked at in the 70s.
Old 05-10-2017, 09:02 PM   #29
yurtle
Gone Mad
E-Z-GO

I guess car and buggy batteries are different. "The eye-shaped meniscus is designed as a signal to stop filling. You may need to use a flashlight to see the fluid level and the presence or absence of the meniscus clearly."
Old 05-11-2017, 05:53 PM   #30
orangeman6
Gone Wild
E-Z-GO

Quote:
Originally Posted by longlimb View Post
Thanks for all the advice guys. Was able to switch my order to 6 - 8v's. Everything is in and working great! Have been tooling all over the neigborhood and have NO concerns about how long I can stay out and play! And the speed is great. Haven't done a speed test but way faster. And way faster than my buddy with a 36v system with taller tires even with my stock tires.

One issue remains though, my battery gauge. It only drops 1 or 2 ticks and then stays there. I've heard you sometimes have to unplug it, then fully charge, then plug back in. Well, I tried that with no success. I had this same issue with my 36v system and 36v battery gauge. Should I just replace the smaller gauge wires going to and from the switch and gauge? They are small. Could that be causing the problem?

Some pics attached of the battery setup. Beautiful.

Oh, and I have my charger and stock controller still. You all mentioned I should try to sell these here??

Replace that graph style gauge with one that has an actual readout. You can get one on Scotty b's website.

I wouldn't think the size of the wires to your current meter is the issue. There's not really much draw from the meter.
orangeman6 is offline   Reply With Quote
Go Back   Buggies Gone Wild Golf Cart Forum > Golf Cart Repair and Troubleshooting > Electric EZGO