lifted club cars - lifted ezgo
Home FAQDonate Who's Online
Go Back   Buggies Gone Wild Golf Cart Forum > Golf Cart Repair and Troubleshooting > Electric EZGO
Electric EZGO Electric EZ GO Marathon, Medalist, TXT and RXV.

Post New Thread  Reply

Old 05-01-2017, 09:20 AM   #11
Hawkeyestoob
Not Yet Wild

Default Re: How to trailer a 01 TXT?

Thanks for all the input...
I am probably being overly cautious. I have many successful miles with my motorcycle strapped down in the back of our toy hauler. Even with that experience I would much rather ask a question that might seem obvious and spend a couple extra minutes putting on an extra strap or two and avoid having to got remove the carcass from the roadway behind me.
Hawkeyestoob is offline   Reply With Quote
Alt Today
BGW

Golf car forum Sponsored Links

Old 05-01-2017, 10:20 AM   #12
Rickochet
Card Carrying Old Fart

E-Z-GO

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hawkeyestoob View Post
I am probably being overly cautious.
No such thing as being too cautious. Things blowing off at high speeds can be very dangerous. Also, you don't want your cart coming through your back window in case of a sudden stop or crash.
Rickochet is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-02-2017, 09:48 AM   #13
Hawkeyestoob
Not Yet Wild

Thanks for the tips guys...

The cart made it to my garage safe and sound now it's time for a couple weeks of deep cleaning and upgrades before I take it to the course for the season.
Old 05-02-2017, 12:45 PM   #14
Rickochet
Card Carrying Old Fart

E-Z-GO

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hawkeyestoob View Post
Thanks for the tips guys...
The cart made it to my garage safe and sound now it's time for a couple weeks of deep cleaning and upgrades before I take it to the course for the season.
Very good. Nice thing about having your own cart is adding the accessories you won't find on a rental. I would think a ball/club washer would be a plus. I have also seen some fans you can add. Have fun.
Rickochet is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-02-2017, 01:09 PM   #15
Hawkeyestoob
Not Yet Wild

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rickochet View Post
Very good. Nice thing about having your own cart is adding the accessories you won't find on a rental. I would think a ball/club washer would be a plus. I have also seen some fans you can add. Have fun.
The ball/club washer is on my list of things to get added. I figured I would keep an eye here for someone looking to get rid of one from their neighborhood cruiser.
Luckily it already has the cooler holder so I can stay hydrated!
Old 05-02-2017, 04:56 PM   #16
In Utopia
Not Yet Wild

Recommended way used to be a single ratchet strap across the floorboard right behind the gas pedal.
In Utopia is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-03-2017, 08:46 AM   #17
DaveTM
Gone Wild

Actually, I'm glad you put this post up. My current 8' Mac's strap is getting to the point (after 8 years) of being pretty tattered. So, I ordered a new one http://www.macscustomtiedowns.com/pr.../2-Inch-Straps at the Mac's site. I again, got an 8-footer and it will do the across the floor board, or as I do it....across the back of the cart with the tailgate of the truck open. I haven't "lost one" yet in 8 years of hauling all over Pa.
DaveTM is online now   Reply With Quote
Go Back   Buggies Gone Wild Golf Cart Forum > Golf Cart Repair and Troubleshooting > Electric EZGO