lifted club cars - lifted ezgo
Home FAQDonate Who's Online
Go Back   Buggies Gone Wild Golf Cart Forum > Golf Cart Repair and Troubleshooting > Electric EZGO
Electric EZGO Electric EZ GO Marathon, Medalist, TXT and RXV.

Post New Thread  Reply

Old 05-03-2017, 10:17 AM   #1
atomicdogg
Not Yet Wild
E-Z-GO

Default FVP Battery Review

Over the past few years I've gotten very good advice and recommendations from this forum so I'd thought I'd give something back, an experiment of sorts. There is little info about these batteries on the forum so I thought I'd provide some feedback.

The old batteries in my 2009 TXT PDS were on the way out when I bought the cart a year and a half ago but I nursed them along until the Feb when they just didn't have any more to give.

When I was shopping for new batteries (7 for a 42V upgrade) all the usual suspects were considered and priced about the same. A local car dealer I work with told me about FVP and how they've been using them in place of standard OEM batteries with good results.

I found a dealer and had them price their "105" similar to Trojan. They were considerably less expensive for a set of 7 so I took a chance a bought them!

http://www.fvpparts.com/files/2613/8..._Batteries.pdf

They are similar in size and dimension to the Trojans they were replacing and went in with no problems. I installed the 7th one under the the driver seat and strapped it down.

I broke them in according to the recommendations on the forum and it's been about 3 months now and they're going strong. While I was doing some upgrades to the cart (I'll put those in a different post) they were unplugged for over 4 weeks and only lost 0.2V according to my digital volt meter. This included multiple tests of LED spot lights, running lights and ground effects.

I don't know how to measure or compare them to other batteries so if anyone would like specific measurements let me know. I think time is the only true test so I'll be sure to post updates periodically.

BTW...the 42V upgrade (purchased from Carts Unlimited ) is worth every penny!
Attached Images
File Type: jpg 2017-05-03_09.44.20[1].jpg (108.5 KB, 0 views)
File Type: jpg 2017-05-03_09.48.13[1].jpg (88.3 KB, 0 views)
atomicdogg is offline   Reply With Quote
Alt Today
BGW

Golf car forum Sponsored Links

Old 05-03-2017, 03:21 PM   #2
cgtech
Over This Interview Is...

Yamaha

Default Re: FVP Battery Review

We used to also offer them under the"VoltEdge" label. I have seen a very low failure rate, and have seen them last 5 years. Only negative comment I would say is that they seem more messy than Trojans.
cgtech is offline   Reply With Quote
Go Back   Buggies Gone Wild Golf Cart Forum > Golf Cart Repair and Troubleshooting > Electric EZGO