lifted club cars - lifted ezgo
Home FAQDonate Who's Online
Go Back   Buggies Gone Wild Golf Cart Forum > Golf Cart Repair and Troubleshooting > Electric EZGO
Electric EZGO Electric EZ GO Marathon, Medalist, TXT and RXV.

Post New Thread  Reply

Old 02-04-2021, 07:36 PM   #21
JohnnieB
Techno-Nerd

E-Z-GO

Default Re: Forward / Reverse Switch upgrade

EZGO used a diode on their original DCS F/R switch. (Attachment-1)

Then they used a cam the close one microswitch in forward and both in reverse. (Attachment-2...5)

They sure went through a lot of expense to duplicate an off-the-shelf DPDT/Center-Off switch.
Attached Images
File Type: jpg DCS F-R with Diode..jpg (195.2 KB, 0 views)
File Type: jpg Later model DCS F & R.JPG (121.2 KB, 0 views)
File Type: jpg forward.jpg (181.1 KB, 0 views)
File Type: jpg neutral.jpg (169.1 KB, 0 views)
File Type: jpg reverse.jpg (172.0 KB, 0 views)
JohnnieB is offline   Reply With Quote
Alt Today
BGW

Golf car forum Sponsored Links

Old 06-28-2021, 09:34 AM   #22
rayres74
Not Yet Wild

So I suppose we can just take the diode off the old forwarded reverse DCS switch and solder it to the pins on The Rocker?
rayres74 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-28-2021, 11:38 AM   #23
JohnnieB
Techno-Nerd

E-Z-GO

Quote:
Originally Posted by rayres74 View Post
So I suppose we can just take the diode off the old forwarded reverse DCS switch and solder it to the pins on The Rocker?
Diodes are heat sensitive, so they tend not to survive de-soldering and re-soldering by people without the proper skills, so it is usually better to use a new diode, but yes the diode on old DCS F/R switch will work, if it survives transfer.
JohnnieB is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-13-2021, 07:19 AM   #24
hawaiianstyln
Not Yet Wild
E-Z-GO

exactly the thread I was looking for on my 95 with the hockey puck. So according to this I just need a DPDT to swap out and get the wiring/jumpers correct depending on if I get a SPDT or DPDT. Seems pretty simple according to Johnnie and Scotty.
hawaiianstyln is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-13-2021, 11:20 AM   #25
hawaiianstyln
Not Yet Wild
E-Z-GO

Quote:
Originally Posted by scottyb View Post
He doesn't have the hockey puck - he has the early 1995 switch - he can post pics if needed.

And yes - you will replace your switch with this switch
Your confusion may lie in the idea you need a HD F&R but in this cart no, you do not need a HD F&R but you can upgrade to a nicer rocker switch.
Scotty, I have the early style DCS F/R switch like Johnnie's first pic on page 2 of this thread. I ordered the 3 prong switch like you have a pic of on the first page. My confusion may still be where your Yellow Red Blue wires on that switch actually go to. I see your diagram on page one and Johnnie's diagrams but maybe I'm trying to digest all of these diagrams for a DPDT, but not for a 3 prong like I ordered. Just trying to prepare and learn before the switch and housing shows up.
hawaiianstyln is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-19-2023, 11:09 PM   #26
Cody654321
Not Yet Wild

Quote:
Originally Posted by JohnnieB View Post
Both the earlier and later production DCS F/R switches can be replaced with with a SPDT/center-off switch and a diode (PDS rocker switch), or it can be replaced with a just a DPDT/center-off switch (Precedent rocker switch)

The first attachment is for using DPDT type switch in cart with early style DCS F/R switch, second attachment is for later production units (hockey puck type)

I have the early production dcs cart, how would you go about putting a newer style 3 prong rocker f and are switch on there?
Cody654321 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-19-2023, 11:12 PM   #27
Cody654321
Not Yet Wild

Quote:
Originally Posted by hawaiianstyln View Post
Scotty, I have the early style DCS F/R switch like Johnnie's first pic on page 2 of this thread. I ordered the 3 prong switch like you have a pic of on the first page. My confusion may still be where your Yellow Red Blue wires on that switch actually go to. I see your diagram on page one and Johnnie's diagrams but maybe I'm trying to digest all of these diagrams for a DPDT, but not for a 3 prong like I ordered. Just trying to prepare and learn before the switch and housing shows up.
How did you end up wiring your cart? I’m in the same boat, I have the early dcs and ordered a 3 prong switch.
Cody654321 is offline   Reply With Quote
Go Back   Buggies Gone Wild Golf Cart Forum > Golf Cart Repair and Troubleshooting > Electric EZGO