lifted club cars - lifted ezgo
Home FAQDonate Who's Online
Go Back   Buggies Gone Wild Golf Cart Forum > Golf Cart Repair and Troubleshooting > Gas Yamaha
Gas Yamaha Gas Yamaha Golf Cars; G1 through "The Drive" and U-Max Utility Vehicles

Post New Thread  Reply

Old 06-30-2017, 06:29 PM   #1
Dino 615
Not Yet Wild

Default G16 stalls and backfires

I have a 1996 G16A. When we are driving it all of a sudden it will just stop. It acts like it out of fuel. You sit there for about 30 seconds and hit the gas and it will start going again. It will occasionally back fire too. I have pulled the carb and disassembled it and fully cleaned it, new gaskets, etc. That did not fix it. It does also seem to lack power that it used to have on hills. Any help is greatly appreciated. We have two small children that love to ride around in it and this is killing their fun. All my almost 2 year old says constantly is ' cart cart ride'.

Thanks in advance.
Dino 615 is offline   Reply With Quote
Alt Today
BGW

Golf car forum Sponsored Links

Old 07-01-2017, 12:40 AM   #2
Spicyunicorn
Gone Wild
Yamaha

Default Re: G16 stalls and backfires

Two things to do put cart on blocks and take the seat off and floor it see if the belt on primary clutch (motor) come to the top and sinks to the bottom of secondary clutch (transaxle clutch) next if that checks out carry spark plug socket with you and next time it acts up pull the plug and see if it's dry or wet and report baxk
Spicyunicorn is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-01-2017, 06:58 AM   #3
Sleezy81
Not Yet Wild
Yamaha

I am having backfire issues with my G2 as well, but it has plenty of power. It usually backfires after coming to a stop, but every now and then it will bog down for a second and backfire then take right back off again.
Sleezy81 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-01-2017, 07:59 AM   #4
Dino 615
Not Yet Wild

Quote:
Originally Posted by Spicyunicorn View Post
Two things to do put cart on blocks and take the seat off and floor it see if the belt on primary clutch (motor) come to the top and sinks to the bottom of secondary clutch (transaxle clutch) next if that checks out carry spark plug socket with you and next time it acts up pull the plug and see if it's dry or wet and report baxk
I will do both of these and let you know.
Old 07-01-2017, 09:29 PM   #5
GaryMAc
Not Yet Wild

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sleezy81 View Post
I am having backfire issues with my G2 as well, but it has plenty of power. It usually backfires after coming to a stop, but every now and then it will bog down for a second and backfire then take right back off again.
Mine is doing the same thing except I don't loose power it just backfires once in a while when coming to a stop, Ive done everything, new carb, new fuel pump, new gas and air filters. I need help.
GaryMAc is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-02-2017, 01:52 AM   #6
Spicyunicorn
Gone Wild
Yamaha

Guys lets not high jack Dino's thread you will get faster answers to your issues by searching/starting new thread
Spicyunicorn is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-16-2017, 06:42 PM   #7
Dino 615
Not Yet Wild

Quote:
Originally Posted by Spicyunicorn View Post
Ok, I know is been a few weeks but life has been hectic. We tried driving it tonight as a family and we rode about 5 minutes and it started doing it. Since we had the boys with us I couldn't pull the plug and check. It was popping really badly out the exhaust. It would go about 10 ft and stop. I could let of the gas for 2-3 seconds and it would start going but pop pop pop pop and stop. It did that continuously. That was after about 10 minutes of riding. I put it on Jack stands and the primary comes within about .25" of the top. The secondary goes all the way top to bottom. I have a couple images but i don't know how to upload them here.
Old 07-17-2017, 06:57 AM   #8
Sleezy81
Not Yet Wild
Yamaha

Does it lose power and act like it is running out of fuel before it starts backfiring ?
Sleezy81 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-17-2017, 07:02 AM   #9
Dino 615
Not Yet Wild

Quote:
Does it lose power and act like it is running out of fuel before it starts backfiring ?
Yes, that is exactly how it acts.
Old 08-04-2017, 07:17 PM   #10
Dino 615
Not Yet Wild

Quote:
Did you have a solution for that? Or do you have one acting the same way and just want to follow the thread? I'm still looking for a solution to this. Thanks

Last edited by Dino 615; 08-04-2017 at 08:14 PM.. Reason: Typo
Go Back   Buggies Gone Wild Golf Cart Forum > Golf Cart Repair and Troubleshooting > Gas Yamaha