lifted club cars - lifted ezgo
Home FAQDonate Who's Online
Go Back   Buggies Gone Wild Golf Cart Forum > Golf Cart Repair and Troubleshooting > Electric EZGO
Electric EZGO Electric EZ GO Marathon, Medalist, TXT and RXV.

Post New Thread  Reply

Old 08-14-2017, 07:38 PM   #1
aclark
Not Yet Wild

E-Z-GO

Default 2004 TXT Brake Pedal

So the brake pedal is jacked up on my new to me (used) cart. I don't know if someone tried to jimmy rig the pedal to work with the brake light trigger, or if it just got jacked up at some point, but I'd like to fix it.

As you can see the bottom is bolted on tight, and the top uses to longer bolts with nuts that slip through the openings. While this allows the pedal to move and activate the brake light trigger, the bolts are constantly slipping out of the slot. The bolt heads are also under the riveted pedal sleeve, so I can't get to them.

Can i just drill out the rivets and replace the whole pedal sleeve with this?
http://www.buggiesunlimited.com/golf...-1994-up)/1851
Or do I need a special sleeve/set up to activate the brake light trigger?

PICTURES
http://imgur.com/a/GQtLP
aclark is offline   Reply With Quote
Alt Today
BGW

Golf car forum Sponsored Links

Old 08-14-2017, 07:52 PM   #2
aclark
Not Yet Wild

E-Z-GO

Default Re: 2004 TXT Brake Pedal

p3IJYEk - Imgur.jpg
WeibrDn - Imgur.jpg
cxPaW7O - Imgur.jpg
Old 08-14-2017, 08:19 PM   #3
orangeman6
Gone Wild
E-Z-GO

Yes, I had to find new springs, bolts etc when I did mine. Just drill the rivets out of the old pedal pad, fix up the hardware underneath. When you put the new pad on, just hammer the supplied rivets in
orangeman6 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-15-2017, 05:28 PM   #4
aclark
Not Yet Wild

E-Z-GO

So your saying I don't just use the supplied rivets to put it on, that I need to put some sort of springs and bolts in (like it currently has) to activate the brake trigger?
Old 08-15-2017, 05:40 PM   #5
orangeman6
Gone Wild
E-Z-GO

Yes, the brake pedal is in two sections. The smaller, stationary section at the top, then the bottom section. If you can see the pics I attached the top part of the bottom section comes down and engages the brake light switch when you psh on it. It's raised when you're not pushing on it.
Attached Images
File Type: jpg IMG_1377.jpg (247.0 KB, 0 views)
File Type: jpg IMG_1378.jpg (330.5 KB, 0 views)
Old 08-15-2017, 06:44 PM   #6
aclark
Not Yet Wild

E-Z-GO

So no one makes a "bolt on" replacement? I have to rig it up? I'd rather not do that and would prefer have it as OEM as possible. Guess I'm outta luck there. I'll just keep what I have I suppose and try to rig that to stop popping out of the holes.
Old 08-15-2017, 06:53 PM   #7
orangeman6
Gone Wild
E-Z-GO

Quote:
Originally Posted by aclark View Post
So no one makes a "bolt on" replacement? I have to rig it up? I'd rather not do that and would prefer have it as OEM as possible. Guess I'm outta luck there. I'll just keep what I have I suppose and try to rig that to stop popping out of the holes.
You're not "rigging" it up. Look at the blow up I attached. Can't tell for sure from that pics but it looks like you just need the washer and nuts for the underneath side of the pedal. A washer big enough to not go through the holes you see there, and a nut that stops at the end of the screw going through to hold everything in place. The problem is you have to remove the pad to get to the screw head on the front of the pedal to hold it in place.
Old 08-17-2017, 12:42 AM   #8
cgtech
Over This Interview Is...

Yamaha

Ezgo does offer a pedal rebuild kit for those pedals. Comes with all screws, rivets, springs, nuts needed to do the job. Does not include the rubber pads tho, you reuse yours. Part number 625940
cgtech is offline   Reply With Quote
Go Back   Buggies Gone Wild Golf Cart Forum > Golf Cart Repair and Troubleshooting > Electric EZGO