lifted club cars - lifted ezgo
Home FAQDonate Who's Online
Go Back   Buggies Gone Wild Golf Cart Forum > Golf Cart Repair and Troubleshooting > Electric EZGO
Electric EZGO Electric EZ GO Marathon, Medalist, TXT and RXV.

Post New Thread  Reply

Old 09-15-2017, 08:51 PM   #21
TheJoshHarding
Not Yet Wild

Default Re: RXV Reducer Question

I was able to successfully install everything. Thank you all much.
Any reason to use switches on the lights or stereo if they have off buttons and are on the solenoid? Wouldn't mind sending them back if they're not needed.
TheJoshHarding is offline   Reply With Quote
Alt Today
BGW

Golf car forum Sponsored Links

Old 10-08-2017, 12:08 AM   #22
20ezgorxv10
Not Yet Wild
E-Z-GO

How does everything sound? Is the sub worth installing if you were to start from scratch again? I have been researching the heck out of a sound solution and was planning on running either this exact system or possibly using the Fosgate PS 8 in place of the wetsounds sub. May also reach out regarding the wiring as well.
20ezgorxv10 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-08-2017, 08:07 AM   #23
TheJoshHarding
Not Yet Wild

Sound is fantastic. I don’t have the sub turned up very high but if you’re into that sort of thing it could really thump. When you have the soundbar cranked up it is unbelievably loud. I would opt for the stealth 10, though, because of how nice of a fit it is between the roof supports. In my case, the slider clamps and the square tubing brackets worked perfect. Wiring was a bit of a challenge, had to strip the sheathing off the wire (which is fine because it’s double jacketed) and I had to shave the plastic part on the sub feed from
The soundbar to get it to fit properly. Had I had more knowledge of taking the cart apart, removing the entire support bar to fish the cables is the way to go. Otherwise I made it work with a unibit and a lot of patience. If you want I can take a picture of my wiring if it would be helpful.
Old 10-08-2017, 10:45 AM   #24
20ezgorxv10
Not Yet Wild
E-Z-GO

I don’t want a lot of bass, just enough so the sound isn’t hollow which is why I was considering the smaller Fosgate sub. As for the sound bar, I’m 99% sure I’m going with the wetsounds stealth 10. Just need to figure out the wiring of everything. Which reducer did you go with?

Also, has anyone mounted the wetsounds bar on the rear? I was toying with the idea of mounting it at the back and being able to swivel it forward and back. My cart will be used for golf and a sound system as well as needing great sound when in it. I am wondering if you lose any clarity with it so close to the top, projecting out.
20ezgorxv10 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-08-2017, 07:01 PM   #25
TheJoshHarding
Not Yet Wild

I bought the equivalent of the madjacks one on amazon. It’s the blue one. A couple different folks make them. Cost was around $50-$60.

I’ve seen a YouTube video where a shop mounted a stealth 10 up front and then a surge on the rear. If yours is a two seater the back support is probably your best bet. I have plenty of volume to hear regardless but I bet the majority of the shots you’ll hit the cart will be behind you. That way you can hear it when you’re out of th me cart as well. Be sure you get the ultra version as it comes with a wireless Bluetooth remote
Old 10-08-2017, 07:02 PM   #26
TheJoshHarding
Not Yet Wild

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=DJNtOFFBTpU
Old 10-08-2017, 07:03 PM   #27
TheJoshHarding
Not Yet Wild

If pricing is the same get the wet sounds sub. It’s totally waterproof. And it turns on and off with the sound bar. And the output for the bass is totally adjustable. I’m very very pleased.
Go Back   Buggies Gone Wild Golf Cart Forum > Golf Cart Repair and Troubleshooting > Electric EZGO