lifted club cars - lifted ezgo
Home FAQDonate Who's Online
Go Back   Buggies Gone Wild Golf Cart Forum > Golf Cart Repair and Troubleshooting > Electric EZGO
Electric EZGO Electric EZ GO Marathon, Medalist, TXT and RXV.

Post New Thread  Reply

Old 09-19-2017, 08:34 AM   #1
Guntherman8
Not Yet Wild

Default 1994 EZGO Medalist Electric Cart

I just purchased a 1994 EZGO Medalist Golf Cart for my campground. The batteries are almost new so I am certain my power source is fine.

The camp ground has lots of hills and I am finding going up these hills causes the cart to slow to a snails pace. From what I can see visibly the cart is stock with no modifications.

My initial research on the internet indicates that I can swap out the stock 275 Amp controller and put a 350 Amp replacement that may or may not help with this issue; increase torque to keep cart at consistent pace going up hill. I have also read that changing the 6 gauge battery cable to 4 gauge may help with speed a little bit.

Can someone enlighten me and possibly provide other small tricks to get more out of the cart without spending another $1800.00 that I spent for the cart itself?

Thanks in advance!

Guntherman
Guntherman8 is offline   Reply With Quote
Alt Today
BGW

Golf car forum Sponsored Links

Old 09-19-2017, 10:13 AM   #2
Dela
EZ come EZ go

Club Car

Default Re: 1994 EZGO Medalist Electric Cart

enlighten you, yes. Without spending money? No...

I have a Medalist - it's a powerhouse after all I've done, take a look at my journal - link in my bio below.

Good Luck with it!!
Dela is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-19-2017, 10:21 AM   #3
scottyb
Happy Carting

E-Z-GO

75 or 100 amps is not going to make a big difference in performance. Don't spend money on another Curtis
Step up to an Alltrax SR 400 or 500 for this cart. Ultimately you want to be running 48v ( 8/6v or better 6/8v batteries) with a 500a controller, 400a solenoid, 2g cable set, and aftermarket motor...... eventually

See about Alltrax controllers here > http://www.cartsunlimited.net/about-...ntrollers.html
scottyb is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-19-2017, 11:01 AM   #4
mutant
Gone Wild
E-Z-GO

performance costs....
mutant is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-19-2017, 01:48 PM   #5
noxin
Getting Wild
E-Z-GO

What kind of uphill speed increase can you get by upgrading controller/solenoid/fnr without moving to 42/48v? If you're OK with speed, just don't want to crawl uphill?
noxin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-19-2017, 02:16 PM   #6
mutant
Gone Wild
E-Z-GO

series carts are the slowest climbers,they are also the most durable and torque monsters...
the degree of climb and weight going uphill determine the speed at which you climb...all carts slow on hills-ac carts slow the least...
a series cart must upgrade the entire system...
48v is best for increased performance...
Old 09-19-2017, 02:24 PM   #7
Dela
EZ come EZ go

Club Car

I'm at 48v with an upgraded D&D motor and feel I can climb any hill at any speed - never have an issue.

Put the money into the upgrade - well worth it
Dela is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-19-2017, 02:41 PM   #8
mutant
Gone Wild
E-Z-GO

i have a stock series 36v(see sig)txt-i have a hill i climb on my campus that i can go up at 6mph...comes down at near 40mph(dont do this!)...so i`d like to see you find a hill like that in fla!!!(grew up in jax)....everyone wants to climb hills in a single bound-but we are sometimes talkin apples and oranges when it comes to hills...
the upgrades will always improve performance-but expectations need to be in line with the application...
there are speed builds and torque builds and you must build for your situation...the steeper the hill the more torque the build needs....

i agree with you Dela-the investment is worth the reward!!!
Go Back   Buggies Gone Wild Golf Cart Forum > Golf Cart Repair and Troubleshooting > Electric EZGO