lifted club cars - lifted ezgo
Home FAQDonate Who's Online
Go Back   Buggies Gone Wild Golf Cart Forum > Golf Cart Repair and Troubleshooting > Electric EZGO > Lithium EZGO

Post New Thread  Reply

Old 09-23-2017, 05:24 PM   #1
CrazyDad
Gone Wild
E-Z-GO

Default 99 DCS TXT Alltrax upgrade while waiting for lithium?

On my 99 DCS TXT Running 36v I'm waiting on EVS or another upgrade path to lithium. I'm thinking about getting Scotty's 500 amp controller package now with cables for 48v then I can go with lead acid upgrade if needed later.

My current pack is 5 years old and only charges to 85% and that's if I use it every few days. If I let it sit for a week it drops to 75%. Questions are:

1. I can curve the longer 48v cables to fit 36v set-up and not damage them so I can resell them later if needed to help pay for lithium.

2. Will the higher flow of the new amperage overwhelm/under helm the batteries and take them out early. I only drive 5-6 miles now before charge so I don't get stuck.

I wanted to get the controller working and figured out and also a boost in power while I'm waiting for a pack upgrade.

Thanks
CrazyDad is offline   Reply With Quote
Alt Today
BGW

Golf car forum Sponsored Links

Old 09-23-2017, 05:46 PM   #2
Sir Nuke
Master of All Things

E-Z-GO

Default Re: 99 DCS TXT Alltrax upgrade while waiting for lithium?

CrazyDad...

I did this very thing 4-1/2 years ago, as I talked to scotty and he knew that I was going to upgrade to 48v eventually and HE suggested to me to buy the 48v cables now. I DID. the pictures below used the SAME cables. I just RECENTLY made the jump to 48v.....and the pack performed flawlessly for all of that time.
Routing them with my then 36v pack was a piece of cake.

The Green Batteries was my 36v pack.

New Batteries.jpg

The RED batteries is my 48 v pack.

48V PACK.jpg
Sir Nuke is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-23-2017, 08:18 PM   #3
CrazyDad
Gone Wild
E-Z-GO

Default Re: 99 DCS TXT Alltrax upgrade while waiting for lithium?

Thanks Sir Nuke for the pic, that looks better than I pictured. I'll order tomorrow it'll be nice to have a meter on the cart instead of stopping and lifting the set to check voltage.

Also thanks for your last build thread I enjoyed it and learned a few things. Like it's ok to leave the wheels on and and paint the frame where needed. When I cut my headlights out I copied a YouTube video I saw and then I saw you left the small strip of plastic along the bottom, oh well too late now. Thanks.
CrazyDad is offline   Reply With Quote
Go Back   Buggies Gone Wild Golf Cart Forum > Golf Cart Repair and Troubleshooting > Electric EZGO > Lithium EZGO