lifted club cars - lifted ezgo
Home FAQDonate Who's Online
Go Back   Buggies Gone Wild Golf Cart Forum > Golf Cart Repair and Troubleshooting > Electric Club Car
Electric Club Car Electric DS, and Precedent golf cars

Post New Thread  Reply

Old 10-09-2017, 10:24 AM   #1
BucBearPig
Not Yet Wild
Club Car

Default 2007 Club Car Precedent won't move/charge

Hi all, I recently purchased a 2007 club car precedent. It has 4 12v batteries & the ADC motor I believe. Everything has been going well for the last 6 or so months, however recently the cart sat for a few days and won't move.
FYI - I'm not very mechanically inclined, but wanted to see if there might be a simple fix before trying to find a repair shop

Symptoms:
press on gas pedal - doesn't do anything
radio/battery gauge etc all power up fine with the key on
when the cart is in reverse, there is no beep
Charger doesn't kick on when plugged in

Is this a OBC issue? I removed and cleaned all battery cables (ordered new ones just in case), made sure water levels were acceptable, tried finding disconnected wires, looked at the F&R switch wires etc. I thought maybe it could be a solenoid but the more I read on the forum the more it seems to be the OBC. Would trying to bypass it make sense? I currently use a Thunderbull charger and would like to avoid buying another one. Thank you all in advance for the help
BucBearPig is offline   Reply With Quote
Alt Today
BGW

Golf car forum Sponsored Links

Old 10-09-2017, 01:13 PM   #2
NoleFan4Ever
MOD of all BS!

Club Car

Default Re: 2007 Club Car Precedent won't move/charge

Not sure about a Thunderbull charger. OEM is a Powerdrive.

If you hook a digital volt meter to it, what are you getting for pack voltage?

If you want to bypass the OBC to make the charger kick on you need to run both the black negative wire and the gray sense wire from the chargers' receptacle directly to the pack negative battery post. Then when you plug in the Cable it should start the charger. Use this sticky for more details http://www.buggiesgonewild.com/elect...excel-obc.html
NoleFan4Ever is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-09-2017, 01:41 PM   #3
BucBearPig
Not Yet Wild
Club Car

The charger is essentially an OEM aftermarket replacement from what I can gather. I'm at work but the batteries tested out okay individually and were running fine prior to parking it a few days earlier. I'm mostly looking for advice, if I should attempt bypassing or if this could be another issue (like solenoid or something simple). Would resetting the OBC potentially work? It could be possible that one of my kids did something while the cart was charging, I've read that it could have locked out the OBC. I didn't know if that would cause reverse to not make a noise as well as no power when pressing on the gas pedal
Old 10-09-2017, 01:52 PM   #4
NoleFan4Ever
MOD of all BS!

Club Car

The speed sensor would have to be powered up to make the noise. That is why when it is in Tow mode it does not beep or the motor brake engage. You have nothing it seems right now so check all your fuses too.

You just need to start checking and rule some things out so you are on your way to determining the root issue.
NoleFan4Ever is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-09-2017, 01:57 PM   #5
BucBearPig
Not Yet Wild
Club Car

I checked the fuse next to the OBC, what other fuses are there on the cart? That's the only one I found easily and it was okay
Old 10-09-2017, 02:32 PM   #6
Sergio
Gone Wild

Club Car

By-pass the OBC controller lockout circuit.

Disconnect the 6-pin OBC connector and jump the Blue and White wires on the harness connector together.

When the OBC is on lockout, the reverse buzzer will not make sound.
Sergio is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-09-2017, 02:39 PM   #7
BucBearPig
Not Yet Wild
Club Car

Do I also need to run a wire from the back of the charger to the negative battery? Guessing the last batter in my setup is the front/left (when facing the batteries from inside the cart)

Sorry about the childlike responses, this IS my first rodeo with a golf cart or pretty much anything to do with batteries/testing
Old 10-09-2017, 02:53 PM   #8
BucBearPig
Not Yet Wild
Club Car

Also, if I bypass the OBC, will the charger still work? Thanks again!
Old 10-09-2017, 03:13 PM   #9
Sergio
Gone Wild

Club Car

The OBC charger control and Controller Lockout are 2 different functions.

Connecting the Blue and White wires together on the harness side of the OBC 6-pin connector will allow the cart to run if the OBC is the device causing it not to run.

To by-pass the OBC charger control to allow a smart charger to work, You need to run the 10ga black negative wire from the charger receptacle all the way to the pack negative battery post (or controller B-).

The pack negative battery post is the one that has the cable that goes through the OBC (driver side on the back).

Once the OBC charger control is by-passed, You will need a new "smart" charger to charge the cart.

To temporarily use the old charger, you can also run the smaller gray "sense" wire from the charger receptacle directly to pack negative battery post.
Sergio is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-09-2017, 03:17 PM   #10
BucBearPig
Not Yet Wild
Club Car

Great, I will give that a try tonight and report back. Appreciate your help!

Tags
club car precedent, electric club car, precedent 07
Go Back   Buggies Gone Wild Golf Cart Forum > Golf Cart Repair and Troubleshooting > Electric Club Car