lifted club cars - lifted ezgo
Home FAQDonate Who's Online
Go Back   Buggies Gone Wild Golf Cart Forum > Golf Cart Repair and Troubleshooting > Electric Club Car
Electric Club Car Electric DS, and Precedent golf cars

Post New Thread  Reply

Old 10-26-2017, 11:53 AM   #21
Sergio
Gone Wild

Club Car

Default Re: Precedent won't run when batteries are full

It still requires the pedal to be pressed, the Controller will not engage the Solenoid until it sees a certain amount of throttle, somewhere around 20% or so.

What can happen is if the MCOR micro-switch "bounces" while the pedal is pressed, the Controller will see the pedal switch close after the throttle was already applied and generate a Fault that shuts down the Solenoid.

It is however a redundant safety feature so if that is the issue the MCOR should be replaced.

This is how the MCOR looks on the inside, this post explains how the switch can go from working to non-working back and forth:
http://www.buggiesgonewild.com/elect...ml#post1370203
Sergio is offline   Reply With Quote
Alt Today
BGW

Golf car forum Sponsored Links

Old 10-26-2017, 02:18 PM   #22
Jmt553
Not Yet Wild

i see. i'm not certain this is talking about the same issue or not, but in my original post i stated that the mech had me drive with the pedal depressed at various depths (20%, 50%, 75%, and full) and mentioned the diagnostic computer did no detect any fluctuation with the MCOR; it did not drop off or anything. sound familiar, or was he testing for a different issue all-together?
Jmt553 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-26-2017, 03:23 PM   #23
Sergio
Gone Wild

Club Car

Since you never had any issues during those tests, there is no conclusive information that you can derive from them.

Also, a throttle signal fluctuation (MCOR resistive track) while driving would not drop the solenoid, or if the micro-switch opened while driving for that matter.

The only time it would be an issue is if the micro-switch opened and then closed again while the throttle signal was present, that is the out of sequence event that would cause the Controller to generate an HPD fault and drop the solenoid.
Old 10-26-2017, 03:33 PM   #24
WalterM6
Gone Wild

Club Car

In situations like this it would be nice if you had 2 longer battery cables. This way you could wire up the two batteries that you removed for access outside of the battery bucket. And you could make your checks with it powered up and verify the bad components.
WalterM6 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-26-2017, 07:43 PM   #25
Jmt553
Not Yet Wild

Not real sure if I have the connection with the paper clip done correctly but I’ve bent, turned, and wedged that paper clip in there but it won’t do anything. It’s not the easiest post to see into so in not 100% positive that it’s making a good connection
Old 10-26-2017, 07:54 PM   #26
Jmt553
Not Yet Wild

I’ve made getting to the connection a bit easier by taking the 4 other hex screws out so I can clearly see that the paper clip is making a connection. Still, the cart didn’t do anything. I would then immediately reconnect the plug and when I pressed the pedal it would do what it did last night which was go foward less than an inch and then shut off. Where do we go from here...
Old 10-26-2017, 08:00 PM   #27
Sergio
Gone Wild

Club Car

The paper clip is supposed to go in the holes in the wire harness plug, not the pins in the MCOR.

Those holes are about the diameter of a large paper clip.
Old 10-26-2017, 08:33 PM   #28
Sergio
Gone Wild

Club Car

Remember, the solenoid will not engage until You press the pedal.

What we are trying to do is by-pass the switch inside the MCOR.

Disconnect the 2-pin plug from the MCOR.

Insert the paper clip in the holes of the 2-pin connector you just unplug.

Put electrical tape over the paper clip to prevent it from shorting against anything.

Test driving the cart with the paper clip in the connector.
Old 10-27-2017, 12:12 AM   #29
Jmt553
Not Yet Wild

Good grief! I’m definitely a bird brain! I will do it in the morning. I assume if the cart runs fine and does not stop then the issue is the micro switch/MCOR and if it does stop then it’s the solenoid?
Old 10-27-2017, 09:29 AM   #30
Jmt553
Not Yet Wild

As of this morning, I drove it up and down the street no problem(no paper clip) but when I tested the batteries one is low and when I opened one of the cell caps smoke was coming out of it....I checked the rest and no smoke from those.

Tags
2008, batteries, precedent
Go Back   Buggies Gone Wild Golf Cart Forum > Golf Cart Repair and Troubleshooting > Electric Club Car