lifted club cars - lifted ezgo
Home FAQDonate Who's Online
Go Back   Buggies Gone Wild Golf Cart Forum > Golf Cart Repair and Troubleshooting > Electric EZGO
Electric EZGO Electric EZ GO Marathon, Medalist, TXT and RXV.

Post New Thread  Reply

Old 06-22-2018, 12:10 PM   #11
CrazyDad
Gone Wild
E-Z-GO

Default Re: New 500amp Alltrax and Admiral B2 Motor

As for your new batteries and the voltage please read THIS and THIS. If you got your batteries from the same cart shop that did your install see if they will let you exchange them for 8 volts with a 10-15% restocking fee. You will need new cables because the terminals are in different locations. So read THIS before you get new cables regardless of who you get them from.

As for moving up tp 48 volts, if I add 33% to your 19 mph I get 25 mph. My cart went 14mph with 22” tires (not enough torque to turn bigger tires) on a stock 36 volt system with worn out batteries to 28mph with similar set up as yours on 48 volts.

Also if you don’t have a in dash meter look at THIS it comes with the mounting plate, it’s #4. I have mine wired straight to the batteries so it’s always on and I can see it walking by the cart to easily monitor them.

As for chargers read THIS for info on smart chargers.

As for your neighbor and his rvx if he comes to this site and meets up with a member here named “BobBoyce” it’s all over, so don’t tell him.

Last edited by CrazyDad; 06-22-2018 at 12:12 PM.. Reason: Add link
CrazyDad is offline   Reply With Quote
Alt Today
BGW

Golf car forum Sponsored Links

Old 06-22-2018, 09:47 PM   #12
Steve390Gold
Not Yet Wild
E-Z-GO

Quote:
Originally Posted by CrazyDad View Post
...As for your neighbor and his rvx if he comes to this site and meets up with a member here named “BobBoyce” it’s all over, so don’t tell him.
Agreed! RXVs will do wheelies and 30+ mph with programming only.

I bought a navitas 600amp controller for my RXV before I knew how amazing the curtis controller is in the 2012.5 and later RXVs when reflashed. Even still, my cart has zero issued doing donuts, burning out on any surface other than pavement, running 30mph, and leaving other carts in the dust....lol

If the mod bug really bites your neighbor and he finds BobBoyce, beware - the curtis controller can handle up to 96v in the programs....so far no one has tried it....yet.
Steve390Gold is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-24-2018, 01:32 PM   #13
wbhess
Getting Wild

E-Z-GO

Thanks for all the added input.. I was away this weekend and put a good ten miles on my cart between driving to the marina and dog beach. I think the shop that installed my controller and motor might have tinkered with the controller and the cart and it tends buck from a stop.. like the front tires almost come off the ground with 2 grown men on the back seat. The acceleration isnt nearly as consistent as my Precedent 48v is but the top speed crushes the Precedent and G22 that was also there. I bought the controller from ScottY B at carts unlimited and he was the one that turned it down to 80% and he programs a torque curve to eliminate the cart "Bucking" from a start.

My question is, Are the programs easy to change in this controller? Like if I wanted a program that was already tuned to full capacity and has different torque curves to eliminate bucking from a stop?

Whoever said about the tire pressure, I dont know off the top of my head what it is but the sidewalls are extremely solid and there is no give at all.

Going 42 or 48v.. Would it be better adding a 7th 6v battery for 42 or a 12v battery for 48v? I have a 36v-12v reducer and I'm not sure how that would work if I through a 7th battery in the mix. Also, I am not mechanically inclined enough to know what the shop decided to run off the reducer.
wbhess is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-14-2020, 03:52 PM   #14
ooxtreme
Not Yet Wild
E-Z-GO

i know that by post count im a low man on the totem pole around here haha but ive had the 36v cart and now went with a 48v and 500a controller. It was night and day difference in performance and range. If you want the FULL potential do the 48v (6 8v batteries) conversion and dont look back. Ive learned with these carts cutting corners almost never works. Then you'll wish you would have just did it all the way the 1st time plus keep some money in your pocket!
ooxtreme is offline   Reply With Quote
Go Back   Buggies Gone Wild Golf Cart Forum > Golf Cart Repair and Troubleshooting > Electric EZGO