lifted club cars - lifted ezgo
Home FAQDonate Who's Online
Go Back   Buggies Gone Wild Golf Cart Forum > Golf Cart Repair and Troubleshooting > Gas EZGO
Gas EZGO Gas EZGO Marathon, Medalist, TXT and RXV.

Post New Thread  Reply

Old 07-11-2018, 04:18 PM   #1
joe cool
Not Yet Wild

Default will not start hot

I see another thread similar to this one but ask your forgiveness if I'm being a pest. 91 two cycle, just rebuilt and have ran probably a gallon of gas thru it . It starts great cold and runs good. I have only been driving it when i get a chance in the evenings to get some time on it and break it in.Yesterday I drove it about a mile and when I shut it off it would not start again. When it cooled off it started right up . I was worried because it seemed to be so hot in the engine compartment I took the upper cover off behind the seat for airflow. Same thing today,would not restart after a longer run. I had a plug wrench and the plug was firing great. I noticed there was no gas in the plastic filters ,There is two of them.When I checked the fuel pump was very hot as was everything under the seat. It is above 90 degrees outside today.After cooling off I had my wife crank it up and it immediately filled the filters and started/ Obviously I have a fuel problem. Is it possible that the gas could be boiling in the lines and pump? Used to hear of that years ago on some cars. I do not use alcohol fuel in my small engine stuff. Does the pump need insulated? I have fuel pressure gauges but probably would not be usefull at this low of pressure. I hate to throw parts at it but going to a big race on the 19th and really would like to take it. any ideas? Thanks fellas
joe cool is offline   Reply With Quote
Alt Today
BGW

Golf car forum Sponsored Links

Old 07-11-2018, 07:41 PM   #2
cart around
Test before replacing

E-Z-GO

Default Re: will not start hot

That 3pg used two different fuel pumps. One is a direct bolt on, and the other mounts remote with a long pulse tube connected to it. I suspect it was because of a heat issue.

The older 2pg engines mount direct, but have a thick plastic spacer mounted in between for heat.

Also just a reminder, your break in gas should be mixed 40:1 for the first tank.
cart around is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-12-2018, 08:27 AM   #3
joe cool
Not Yet Wild

Default Re: will not start hot

I ordered a new pump after a little more troubleshooting last night . I took the hose off at the filter and cranked over . almost no gas came out . Filled the hose to the carb manually with a squirt bottle and it started right away . Thought about taking the pump apart but for $12 why take the time.I will insulate where it bolts on a bulkhead and maybe some around the fuel tank when I install the new pump . Thanks
Old 07-18-2018, 07:53 AM   #4
joe cool
Not Yet Wild

Smile Re: will not start hot

I can't believe it ,I overlooked the obvious. After fighting this cart for awhile I was running out of ideas. When it got hot the fuel filters and carb had little gas in them . If I shut it off it would not start again until it was cool. New fuel lines, had the carb apart several times, new fuel pump. Spent some time going thru everything one piece at a time . Plenty of spark ,muffler disconnected ,check for compression. ect.
Well it was that the fuel tank was not vented. It was not able to pull the fuel out of the tank after it had run awhile and would starve the carb and engine. Loosen the cap and it would pump big time ,started and run great. Hope this might help someone else someday ,I just wish I had figured it out sooner. Thanks to everyone who helped me.
Go Back   Buggies Gone Wild Golf Cart Forum > Golf Cart Repair and Troubleshooting > Gas EZGO