lifted club cars - lifted ezgo
Home FAQDonate Who's Online
Go Back   Buggies Gone Wild Golf Cart Forum > Golf Cart Repair and Troubleshooting > Gas Club Car
Gas Club Car Gas DS, and Precedent golf cars

Post New Thread  Reply

Old 04-29-2009, 03:34 PM   #1
castlesec
Not Yet Wild

Default 2001 272 Carry All blown motor

i have a 272 that needs a motor ? can i go up a few sizes big block or something that we can have some fun with on the weekends . I use it for landscaping
castlesec is offline   Reply With Quote
Alt Today
BGW

Golf car forum Sponsored Links

Old 04-29-2009, 04:17 PM   #2
scottyb
Happy Carting

E-Z-GO

Default Re: 2001 272 Carry All blown motor

Welcome castlesec Sorry to hear about your motor..... I have some bad news..... Club Car decided in 1996 1/2 to switch motor platforms and since that time all of their motors have rotated clockwise..... Every other engine in the whole world seems to turn counter-clockwise...... hence the dilemma. You can do it and run in reverse for forward; get taller gears to compensate but, you are left with a reverse gear that won't back up a hill and goes 50 mph on the flats..... So stick with stocker....or pay the piper
scottyb is offline   Reply With Quote
Go Back   Buggies Gone Wild Golf Cart Forum > Golf Cart Repair and Troubleshooting > Gas Club Car