lifted club cars - lifted ezgo
Home FAQDonate Who's Online
Go Back   Buggies Gone Wild Golf Cart Forum > Golf Cart Repair and Troubleshooting > Electric EZGO
Electric EZGO Electric EZ GO Marathon, Medalist, TXT and RXV.

Post New Thread  Reply

Old 05-13-2020, 08:47 PM   #1
Tomleizear
Not Yet Wild
E-Z-GO

Default 2012 RXV-locked down

2012 RXV rebuild, just received it from a dealer last week...
Drove it two nights around the neighborhood off & on, several miles each time. Charged the cart Saturday morning while doing some lawn work, unplugged the charger and went to take off and when put in R or F, no movement. I switched the key switch from off, to N, then to F or R. Reverse buzzer did sound, you could also hear the solenoid click and the motor receive power, but cart would not move. Cart would not roll, even tried putting in tow mode & could not get it to free up. Could press the gas pedal, nothing, even hit the gas and brake pedal at the same time to see if it would lurch. Eventually let it sit and came back to it, but this time it would go, when I stopped to put it in reverse it locked down again. Brand new Trojan batteries, headlights/taillights work. Today I can jump in the cart and select direction, cart will move, no problem. Is this a sign that the motor brake is failing and taking over drive system? Run plug needs to be replaced? Something larger at issue here? Any similar forums?
Thanks, new & excited to have a cart, thanks in advance for all the help or advice.
Tomleizear is offline   Reply With Quote
Alt Today
BGW

Golf car forum Sponsored Links

Old 05-13-2020, 08:59 PM   #2
Threeput
Gone Wild

Default Re: 2012 RXV-locked down

I had similar problems when I first got my 2009 RXV...found out I was switching too fast..not giving time for sequence check....put in N..wait couple of seconds..then F....I also found my electric plug going into the brake socket was intermittently not making contact...if it did not go . pressed down on plug..all OK ..
Threeput is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-14-2020, 12:28 AM   #3
usgicollector
Gone Wild
E-Z-GO

Default Re: 2012 RXV-locked down

Here is the Troubleshooting Guide for the Danaher controller carts.
Attached Files
File Type: pdf RXV 48V AC Danaher Advanced Trouble-Shooting Guide.pdf (2.68 MB, 0 views)
usgicollector is offline   Reply With Quote
Go Back   Buggies Gone Wild Golf Cart Forum > Golf Cart Repair and Troubleshooting > Electric EZGO