lifted club cars - lifted ezgo
Home FAQDonate Who's Online
Go Back   Buggies Gone Wild Golf Cart Forum > Golf Cart Repair and Troubleshooting > Electric EZGO
Electric EZGO Electric EZ GO Marathon, Medalist, TXT and RXV.

Post New Thread  Reply

Old 05-14-2020, 03:12 PM   #1
minnermp
Not Yet Wild

Default powerwise charger repair

I have a 1999 TXT cart and the charger would not come on so i went online to troubleshooting videos and figured that the relay on the board was bad because when bypassed the charger would come on and charge the batteries. So I ordered a new board and installed it . It was a board that replaced the two boards in the charger. plugged it in and it would not come on. double checked all connections according to several troubleshooting and everything read as it should so ordered another board and it did not work either. Called their tech support and went thru the checks with tech and all seemed fine so they sent another new board and it did not work. all boards worked when relay was jumpered. I'm stumped and don't know what to do next. Any ideas ?
minnermp is offline   Reply With Quote
Alt Today
BGW

Golf car forum Sponsored Links

Old 05-14-2020, 03:15 PM   #2
cgtech
Over This Interview Is...

Yamaha

Default Re: powerwise charger repair

Check the small red/pink wire from the DC charge cord, from the charger to the plug handle. Common issue.
cgtech is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-14-2020, 04:59 PM   #3
minnermp
Not Yet Wild

Default Re: powerwise charger repair

OK That red is supposed to make contact with the negative side of the battery wire inside the plug via the little metal strip. Someone had replaced the terminals on the wires coming from the batt pack and there was a plastic insulater around the pin that was preventing the tab from making contact with the negative terminal therefore no signal to the board for batt pack voltage.I modified the plastic and metal tab now contacts the pin. Problem solved thanks for the help.
minnermp is offline   Reply With Quote
Go Back   Buggies Gone Wild Golf Cart Forum > Golf Cart Repair and Troubleshooting > Electric EZGO