lifted club cars - lifted ezgo
Home FAQDonate Who's Online
Go Back   Buggies Gone Wild Golf Cart Forum > Golf Cart Repair and Troubleshooting > Electric EZGO
Electric EZGO Electric EZ GO Marathon, Medalist, TXT and RXV.

Post New Thread  Reply

Old 05-31-2020, 10:38 PM   #1
LSUgoTIGER
Getting Wild
E-Z-GO

Default Wheel/Tire Combo Shortage....Covid? China?

So my buddy around the corner finally pulled the trigger and bought a 2013 L6 (not the same one I posted about the other day...found a different one he liked better). I rode with him up to Fort Worth and back yesterday (8 hours round trip) to pick it up. I think he got a hell of a deal compared to what he would have paid any of the local cart shops.

3 month old batteries, Kenwood bluetooth head unit with 4 speakers, each with built-in amps and directional tweeters, only 118 hours on the cart total. He paid $8k. Probably at least $3k less than anything else comparable I've seen in Houston.

Anyway, after all this, I'm getting really impatient on my build, and started looking more seriously at ordering wheels/tires/lift, etc.....only to find that pretty much all the wheels and tires I had been eying are ALL out of stock.

Is it because of Covid? Everyone is stuck at home, looking for things to do and buying all the inventory up? Trump/China tariffs? Or is this just normal for springtime?

I've talked to a few of the local cart builders around here, and they are all having a hard time keeping up with demand, as well as getting parts, and even getting base carts to build up for customers. Maybe the suburban golf cart cruiser trend in Houston has just reached a peak level....
Attached Images
File Type: jpg 20200530_182530.jpg (317.9 KB, 0 views)
LSUgoTIGER is offline   Reply With Quote
Alt Today
BGW

Golf car forum Sponsored Links

Old 05-31-2020, 10:49 PM   #2
randompartsguy
Not Yet Wild
E-Z-GO

Default Re: Wheel/Tire Combo Shortage....Covid? China?

it sounds like everyone gets there wheels from the same place (nivel) and they are out of stock on a bunch of stuff...

Im new the the golf cart scene and was amazed at how quickly decently priced carts go for in my area.... Literally anything I found that was clean under $4k sold within days at asking price.
randompartsguy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-31-2020, 11:52 PM   #3
LSUgoTIGER
Getting Wild
E-Z-GO

Quote:
Originally Posted by randompartsguy View Post
it sounds like everyone gets there wheels from the same place (nivel) and they are out of stock on a bunch of stuff...

Im new the the golf cart scene and was amazed at how quickly decently priced carts go for in my area.... Literally anything I found that was clean under $4k sold within days at asking price.
Actually seems like wheels are available, but tires may be the problem.
Old 06-01-2020, 08:10 PM   #4
Diesel24v
Not Yet Wild

Have you checked eBay? I’ve been searching and there seems to be plenty on there. There are some websites that have them in stock on eBay but out of stock on their own website.
Diesel24v is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-01-2020, 09:45 PM   #5
randompartsguy
Not Yet Wild
E-Z-GO

Quote:
Originally Posted by LSUgoTIGER View Post
Actually seems like wheels are available, but tires may be the problem.
for me the particular wheel is out of stock at most vendors. A couple vendors do have it in stock for 20% more. Im not in a rush.
randompartsguy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-02-2020, 11:20 AM   #6
LSUgoTIGER
Getting Wild
E-Z-GO

I've mainly been looking at the Steeleng Pioneer wheel. The wheels are available, but they are out of stock on the 22" Stinger tires and the 23" AT tires.
Old 06-02-2020, 02:10 PM   #7
Diesel24v
Not Yet Wild

Quote:
Originally Posted by LSUgoTIGER View Post
I've mainly been looking at the Steeleng Pioneer wheel. The wheels are available, but they are out of stock on the 22" Stinger tires and the 23" AT tires.
Gotcha. I can find the pioneer wheel with a 20" stinger tire but not 22".
Diesel24v is offline   Reply With Quote
Go Back   Buggies Gone Wild Golf Cart Forum > Golf Cart Repair and Troubleshooting > Electric EZGO