lifted club cars - lifted ezgo
Home FAQDonate Who's Online
Go Back   Buggies Gone Wild Golf Cart Forum > Golf Cart Repair and Troubleshooting > Gas Yamaha
Gas Yamaha Gas Yamaha Golf Cars; G1 through "The Drive" and U-Max Utility Vehicles

Post New Thread  Reply

Old 06-15-2020, 06:37 AM   #1
hojolabo
Not Yet Wild

Default Drive2 EFI Quietech 2018

I recently bought my Drive2 and my question is; while driving there is a high pitch but low in volume whining sound and there are no vibrations and is only while driving.
If I were to compare the sound I would say it's sort of like the tone of a supercharger whine but I have to be moving.
The sound seems to nearly stay at the same low level no matter what speed. Could it possibly be the EFI or what appears to be possibly a new drive belt? Or is it just the ordinary sound for this model.
The golfcart thing is completely new to me in every way but I am pretty mechanically inclined .
Thanks in advance, I appreciate your thoughts on this.

Sent from my SM-T387V using Tapatalk
hojolabo is offline   Reply With Quote
Alt Today
BGW

Golf car forum Sponsored Links

Old 06-15-2020, 11:05 AM   #2
brian_tii
Not Yet Wild

Default Re: Drive2 EFI Quietech 2018

Quote:
Originally Posted by hojolabo View Post
I recently bought my Drive2 and my question is; while driving there is a high pitch but low in volume whining sound and there are no vibrations and is only while driving.
If I were to compare the sound I would say it's sort of like the tone of a supercharger whine but I have to be moving.
The sound seems to nearly stay at the same low level no matter what speed. Could it possibly be the EFI or what appears to be possibly a new drive belt? Or is it just the ordinary sound for this model.
The golfcart thing is completely new to me in every way but I am pretty mechanically inclined .
Thanks in advance, I appreciate your thoughts on this.

Could be the fuel pump - occasionally I can barely hear mine on my 2019. It's high pitched and VERY low in volume. I don't notice it unless I'm trying to - and then it's generally just for a second after the engine shuts off.
brian_tii is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-15-2020, 07:02 PM   #3
Golf cart guy
Gone Wild

The belt is the most common issue of what you describe
Golf cart guy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-17-2020, 06:47 AM   #4
hojolabo
Not Yet Wild

Thanks for the replys on my issue. I would probably rule out the fuel pump *** Brian described but have been thinking as GCG has mentioned of it being the belt. My reason on the belt is in the way it seems to engage. I have felt the sides of the torque converter and there are no ridges at all and I gave it a shot of grease as stated elsewhere/somewhere, I've been doing alot of reading to satisfy my curiosity in something/anything mechanical.
It just seems like I have to nurse the gas for a smooth takeoff either forward or reverse, other than that every thing seems good. I just gave to learn its personality, kind of like what I've been doing the last 40+ yrs [emoji33], oh oh.... she heard me.

hojolabo is offline   Reply With Quote
Go Back   Buggies Gone Wild Golf Cart Forum > Golf Cart Repair and Troubleshooting > Gas Yamaha