lifted club cars - lifted ezgo
Home FAQDonate Who's Online
Go Back   Buggies Gone Wild Golf Cart Forum > Golf Cart Repair and Troubleshooting > Electric EZGO
Electric EZGO Electric EZ GO Marathon, Medalist, TXT and RXV.

Post New Thread  Reply

Old 06-30-2020, 10:32 AM   #11
Sir Nuke
Master of All Things

E-Z-GO

Default Re: No brakes after new pad install

Quote:
Originally Posted by hollywood23113 View Post
Ive done numeroius brakes and mechancal jobs, just never rear shoes. I did clean everything good with brake clean, lube up the 6 contact points the shoes have on the backing plate, both ends of the self ad. slider, and the slider itself, scuffed the inside of the drum with sandpaper and cleaned
Sir Nuke is offline   Reply With Quote
Alt Today
BGW

Golf car forum Sponsored Links

Old 06-30-2020, 10:58 AM   #12
kernal
Gone Wild

E-Z-GO

Did you adjust the brake free travel IAW the service manual?

I did mine once. It didn't go the way it does in the youtube videos. After installing I had to use the star wheel to move the shoes closer to the drum. After pushing the drum back on you should turn them by hand you should feel the shoes just barley rubbing the drum. After that you should check the free travel at the peddle. It will probably be off so do the procedure in the manual then adjust if necessary (under the floor).

Note: I'm not a golf cart mechanic but between the videos and the service manual I was able to do it and the brakes are very good now.
kernal is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-30-2020, 03:01 PM   #13
hollywood23113
Getting Wild
E-Z-GO

UPDATE:

After reading alot I think I see a mistake in the video I watched? the guy said to turn the adjustment screw all the way in and manual says to leave 2 treads out, Kinda like you said above. Will work on it more when I get home.
hollywood23113 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-30-2020, 08:51 PM   #14
hollywood23113
Getting Wild
E-Z-GO

Got home and did the procedure that Johnny talked about, it made things better but there still an issue. Put it back in the garage poured down again and you could visibly tell the passenger side is working and the driver side was not. So I just did the star, so the pad would engage more, and then went under the floorboard and adjusted the cable as someone else said. It’s a lot better, back to where it was to start with, but I still don’t think it’s right, but at least it will stop now
hollywood23113 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-02-2020, 06:23 AM   #15
Doubles Shooter
Gone Wild

E-Z-GO

Quote:
Originally Posted by JohnnieB View Post
The hydraulic drum brakes on cars self adjusted in reverse, the mechanical drum brakes on EZGO golf carts self adjust when cart is moving forward and brake pedal is released before cart stops.
Thanks for straightening me out on that. I've been wrong on that many years. You can teach an old dog new tricks.
Doubles Shooter is offline   Reply With Quote
Go Back   Buggies Gone Wild Golf Cart Forum > Golf Cart Repair and Troubleshooting > Electric EZGO