lifted club cars - lifted ezgo
Home FAQDonate Who's Online
Go Back   Buggies Gone Wild Golf Cart Forum > Golf Cart Repair and Troubleshooting > Electric EZGO
Electric EZGO Electric EZ GO Marathon, Medalist, TXT and RXV.

Post New Thread  Reply

Old 07-09-2020, 08:35 PM   #1
ChillyToTheMax
Not Yet Wild

Question 93 Ez-Go No Longer Moves

My father-in-law purchased a 1993 Ez-Go golf cart.
I have been reading forums and websites for the last couple months trying to figure out what is happening or not happening.

When we first purchased it all the batteries required replacement. So we replaced all the batteries, and the cart moved in reverse only and very quickly. I swapped the B and D cables and the cart went forward.

From trying to piece together everything, I came to a conclusion we needed a FNR switch. So I ordered that and installed it.

Now, it doesn't move forward or reverse.

I've checked and re-checked all the battery cables, and they all appear to be going to the right spot according to the wiring diagram.

I tested the potentiometer and found it was starting at 300 ohms and going to almost 15K ohms at full throttle, so I replaced that based on the 0-5K ohm pot.

So I'm not sure where to go now, because I just keep replacing parts, and I'm not getting anywhere.

I've tested the solenoid, with key on, in forward, cables installed on the solenoid, I get 37.6V on one peg and 31.5V on the other. So that tells me through this website that I need a resister. But if I remove the cables, and do the test I found online (cables off, key on, forward, accelerator down) I found, I get 249.5 ohms of resistance. This tells me according to the website I also need a solenoid.

The solenoid above the potentiometer clicks, its brand new. The yellow cable that goes to the solenoid from the pot has 6v pedal not pressed (key on, forward), with pedal pressed it goes up to 37v. The black wire that goes from the solenoid to the speed controller stays at 6v no matter pedal pressed or not. Is that an issue related to the solenoid?

Any help or guidance would be appreciated. I'm tired of throwing parts at it and have no success.

Ive included the wiring diagram I'm using and a couple pictures, hopefully something helps.

* Ive noticed from reading another couple posts, that my batteries are kinda low, so Ive hooked them up to charge them *
Attached Images
File Type: jpg IMG_3173.jpg (162.2 KB, 0 views)
File Type: jpg IMG_3266.jpg (220.7 KB, 0 views)
File Type: jpg IMG_3267.jpg (223.6 KB, 0 views)
File Type: jpg IMG_3268.jpg (197.9 KB, 0 views)
ChillyToTheMax is offline   Reply With Quote
Alt Today
BGW

Golf car forum Sponsored Links

Go Back   Buggies Gone Wild Golf Cart Forum > Golf Cart Repair and Troubleshooting > Electric EZGO