lifted club cars - lifted ezgo
Home FAQDonate Who's Online
Go Back   Buggies Gone Wild Golf Cart Forum > Golf Cart Repair and Troubleshooting > Gas Yamaha
Gas Yamaha Gas Yamaha Golf Cars; G1 through "The Drive" and U-Max Utility Vehicles

Post New Thread  Reply

Old 07-15-2020, 09:13 AM   #1
jegascho
Not Yet Wild

Default G1 no revers

Forward is working well, but when I turn key to reverse and press accelerator, the solenoid clicks, but cart will not go.

The engine will turn over, but it acts like the battery is low and will not start. When I move the key back to forward the cart will do the same and act as if the battery is drained. If I put a charger on the battery for a few minutes, it will run fine again in forward. Anytime I try reverse the same situation occurs. Can the solenoid drain the power, or is the ignition unit the problem? The battery does stay charged and functions fine while only in forward, it is immediate when I try reverse.

Thanks
jegascho is offline   Reply With Quote
Alt Today
BGW

Golf car forum Sponsored Links

Old 07-15-2020, 10:47 AM   #2
mikeasis
Gone Wild
Yamaha

Default Re: G1 no revers

properly charge and load test the battery first. Then clean the high voltage cables. (cables from battery to starter gen and to solenoids) its an issue on these old carts and it doesnt help the OE cable ends are steel. corrosion causes voltage drop and sounds like this could be your issue
mikeasis is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-15-2020, 05:55 PM   #3
jegascho
Not Yet Wild

Thanks, I need to go through all of the wiring and see what I come up with
jegascho is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-16-2020, 09:28 AM   #4
Lochlin
Gone Wild

Quote:
Originally Posted by jegascho View Post
Thanks, I need to go through all of the wiring and see what I come up with
Yep. The forces that act on a cart are different in forward and reverse. Think a person pulling or pushing 500 pounds. Even though it's the same weight it easier for most people to pull it rather than push it. One of my older Columbias was doing the exact same things as yours is; going fine in forward but not in reverse. I swapped the battery out and all is now good.
Lochlin is offline   Reply With Quote
Go Back   Buggies Gone Wild Golf Cart Forum > Golf Cart Repair and Troubleshooting > Gas Yamaha