lifted club cars - lifted ezgo
Home FAQDonate Who's Online
Go Back   Buggies Gone Wild Golf Cart Forum > Golf Cart Repair and Troubleshooting > Electric EZGO
Electric EZGO Electric EZ GO Marathon, Medalist, TXT and RXV.

Post New Thread  Reply

Old 08-05-2020, 04:02 PM   #1
JBeck0421
Not Yet Wild

Default Brakes dragging and also not engaging fully

Doing some general maintenance and had the rear jacked up so I checked the rear wheel free spin. Had it on "TOW" and both wheels would not spin without a good bit of resistance (one side worse than the other). I know brake drag is a common problem, but since I have had the cart it has never braked that well either. I can put the parking brake on going fast and it will never lock up the brakes. So it just makes me wonder what all to look for when I pull the drum. I would think that if the brakes are dragging that it would have no issue locking up the brakes if I tried to, since they are already in contact. I don't have any strange noises either. I have the manual and info on how to take it all apart and put it back, just wanted to make sure my two issues together seem legit and want to know what to expect or plan on. If the shoes are worn should I replace the springs as well while I am there? Thanks in advance.
JBeck0421 is offline   Reply With Quote
Alt Today
BGW

Golf car forum Sponsored Links

Old 08-06-2020, 04:26 PM   #2
bronsonj
Gone Wild

E-Z-GO

Default Re: Brakes dragging and also not engaging fully

That's an interesting one. Could be the cable is out of adjustment. You may have dragging brakes, easy enough to identify and you've already done that. But these brakes are cable actuated, not hydraulic. So there's one cable from the brake pedal that goes through a little adapter spring thing and two cables come out the back. That adapter has an adjuster on it (if your cart is like mine) and it may be that the brake cable was loosened too much by someone before you, possibly trying to overcompensate for the dragging brakes?
bronsonj is offline   Reply With Quote
Go Back   Buggies Gone Wild Golf Cart Forum > Golf Cart Repair and Troubleshooting > Electric EZGO