lifted club cars - lifted ezgo
Home FAQDonate Who's Online
Go Back   Buggies Gone Wild Golf Cart Forum > Golf Cart Repair and Troubleshooting > Gas EZGO
Gas EZGO Gas EZGO Marathon, Medalist, TXT and RXV.

Post New Thread  Reply

Old 08-20-2020, 10:08 PM   #1
NewToCarts1004
Not Yet Wild

Default EzGo 350cc more power

Hello, completely new to the cart world. I just bought a 2004 ezgo clay car to literally get up and down a very steep drive. Going down is sketchy, adding some disc brakes. Coming up it bogs down pretty good just with me and 1 other person. I need to be able to carry a decently heavy load/multiple people without being unsafe. What is my best option for more torque/ horsepower? Thanks in advance. .
NewToCarts1004 is offline   Reply With Quote
Alt Today
BGW

Golf car forum Sponsored Links

Old 08-21-2020, 08:07 AM   #2
CP241
Nincompoop village idiot

Club Car

Default Re: EzGo 350cc more power

Quote:
Originally Posted by NewToCarts1004 View Post
Hello, completely new to the cart world. I just bought a 2004 ezgo clay car to literally get up and down a very steep drive. Going down is sketchy, adding some disc brakes. Coming up it bogs down pretty good just with me and 1 other person. I need to be able to carry a decently heavy load/multiple people without being unsafe. What is my best option for more torque/ horsepower? Thanks in advance. .
The 350 should have ample power to make it up steep hills no problem. Its a pretty strong motor.

Id suspect worn belt and/or clutches. Check them for proper operation first. Worn clutch will make a night and day difference.

Also check valve lash adjustment. Valve lash being out of adjustment will cause compression loss and major power loss as a result. When adjusting them, pay particular attention to the 2 in the middle. If there are considerably more threads showing on top of the lock nut, the intake valves are known to wear and sink into thr head. Only fix is to replace them.
CP241 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-20-2020, 09:56 AM   #3
BaselessEarth12
Not Yet Wild

Default Re: EzGo 350cc more power

Another, albeit not exactly cheap, option is to do a big block swap.

Sent from my VS988 using Tapatalk
BaselessEarth12 is offline   Reply With Quote
Go Back   Buggies Gone Wild Golf Cart Forum > Golf Cart Repair and Troubleshooting > Gas EZGO