lifted club cars - lifted ezgo
Home FAQDonate Who's Online
Go Back   Buggies Gone Wild Golf Cart Forum > Golf Cart Repair and Troubleshooting > Electric EZGO
Electric EZGO Electric EZ GO Marathon, Medalist, TXT and RXV.

Post New Thread  Reply

Old 09-08-2020, 06:35 PM   #1
trig123
Vintage tech
E-Z-GO

Default Parts swap

I have a 2007 PDS cart ( nice white paint ) that the motor and controller is toast but rear body and cowl are perfect with headlights and taillights .

I want to put the rear body and front cowl on a 1995 !! Series !! Medalist that has a perfect running gear but beat up metal body.

Other than the smaller hole the Medalist has for charging port would I run into anything doing the swap? I think the frames are the same.

I plan on using the charger that came with my 2007 which is almost new so the larger hole where you plug in charger would work out fine. The Medalist don't have the Reed switch at charging port so I plan on leaving it off. ???

The 2007 PDS has a hole with plug in it where the F/R lever goes for the series Medalist . Should be able to pop it out and use that hole.

I don't want to try and repair all the dents in the Medalist plus painting it and wanted to make sure I am not messing up attempting this swap

I would think the cost for a motor and controller would just not be worth it on the 2007 but I have not removed anything just yet for the swap. Both carts need batteries also. I have cores.

I never like to go backward but in this case I have both of these carts and wanted to take two and make one nice one for my granddaughter to ride .
trig123 is offline   Reply With Quote
Alt Today
BGW

Golf car forum Sponsored Links

Old 09-09-2020, 07:33 AM   #2
Sir Nuke
Master of All Things

E-Z-GO

Default Re: Parts swap

trig.....its a straight forward body swap....totally doable and easy. lots of folks have don't it.
Sir Nuke is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-09-2020, 09:21 AM   #3
trig123
Vintage tech
E-Z-GO

Default Re: Parts swap

Thanks, I will still wait a few weeks to do it. Never can tell if I run into a good motor and controller for the PDS cart.
When the weather cools off I will probably start the swap.
I guess I just hate to put this old Medalist to rest
trig123 is offline   Reply With Quote
Go Back   Buggies Gone Wild Golf Cart Forum > Golf Cart Repair and Troubleshooting > Electric EZGO