lifted club cars - lifted ezgo
Home FAQDonate Who's Online
Go Back   Buggies Gone Wild Golf Cart Forum > Golf Cart Repair and Troubleshooting > Electric EZGO
Electric EZGO Electric EZ GO Marathon, Medalist, TXT and RXV.

Post New Thread  Reply

Old 10-07-2020, 11:22 AM   #11
rngilliland
Gone Wild

Default Re: Ez go Rxv new solenoid won't go

48 volts is only about 45% charged. If your batteries won’t charge any higher they are bad. They may have been the cause of your original problem.
rngilliland is offline   Reply With Quote
Alt Today
BGW

Golf car forum Sponsored Links

Old 10-13-2020, 08:12 PM   #12
bdtprez
Not Yet Wild

This is a 48V cart, not 72V. I am having trouble understanding why, when voltage is crossing the large solenoid contacts that the motor is not turning and the brake only releases when the smaller B- wire from the controller (resistor wire)? is removed? I mistakenly measured the resistance through the round bi-metal (what i assume is possibly a thermal cutoff because of the embossed "HOT" remark next to it, rather than the actual resistor itself). I only had a phone and couldn't zoom in on the PDF enough but I have printed it out and will check all connections this weekend. is there any way to confirm proper operation of this controller other than a swap? I have SMD rework equipment and smart tweezers, multimeters, etc. I just am not familiar about this cart and controller to know if there is a definitive test to determine if it is functioning properly without having a test replacement available. Since it uses PWM I assume it would be detrimental to try to "hard wire" the AC motor but i am out of my league and appriciate any advice anyone could provide.

Thank you all for your assistance and for teaching me!
bdtprez is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-13-2020, 11:37 PM   #13
rngilliland
Gone Wild

A 48 volt battery pack is only about 45% charged when when it measures 48 volts. A fully charged pack should be about 50.9 volts. That is measured after it sits for a few hours after charging. If your pack is bad that could cause the symptoms you described of running, stopping and then running again after sitting. The voltage drops until the cart stops then after sitting the batteries recover enough to run again for a while. I would fully charge the batteries before I did anything else.

The small wire you are removing from B- goes to the resistor control module. Then a wire goes from the module to the resistor. I don't know why that affects brake unlocking but I have read that the modules sometimes fail.

The solenoid should have a small yellow wire attached to the large post that has the wire from the battery attached to it. The white resistor wire attaches to the large post that goes to B+ on the controller. You probably have two black wires that hook to the small solenoid posts, but they could be one black and one red. I don't think it matters which one goes to which post, but I'm not positive. If you measure the same voltage on both large solenoid posts, when the solenoid is activated, the solenoid is working. Since changing the solenoid is what caused the cart to not work at all I would check to make sure everything is hooked up correctly.

Have you checked the fuses. Mine are attached to the splash shield that has the run tow switch on it. I think the 2008 may be different. There should be a fuse somewhere on the yellow wire that attaches to the solenoid. That wire runs to the key switch.
rngilliland is offline   Reply With Quote
Go Back   Buggies Gone Wild Golf Cart Forum > Golf Cart Repair and Troubleshooting > Electric EZGO