lifted club cars - lifted ezgo
Home FAQDonate Who's Online
Go Back   Buggies Gone Wild Golf Cart Forum > Golf Cart Repair and Troubleshooting > Electric EZGO
Electric EZGO Electric EZ GO Marathon, Medalist, TXT and RXV.

Post New Thread  Reply

Old 10-14-2020, 01:24 PM   #11
Mooncarter
Gone Insane

Club Car

Default Re: Which Battery

I don't know if they are available in your area, but if money were no object I would try a brand that is new in my area: "ROLLS." They are more expensive than Trojans and supposedly better.
Mooncarter is offline   Reply With Quote
Alt Today
BGW

Golf car forum Sponsored Links

Old 10-14-2020, 01:37 PM   #12
AquaLuke
Getting Wild

I can only speak from experience and price was not an object for me either.

I have Trojan T875 and love them. My cart is a 17 onward that came with PD+. I had two of them go bad within the first six months. I replaced them with the Sam's Club Duracells. I had trouble balancing my pack with mismatched batteries so I took the plunge on Trojans. I have had zero issues with them.
AquaLuke is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 10-14-2020, 02:38 PM   #13
JohnnieB
Techno-Nerd

E-Z-GO

Quote:
Originally Posted by B_Mo View Post
So, this would be the best choice?
If money was no object and I wasn't going to go to Lithium, it would be a coin toss between the Trojan Ranger 160 (8v - 204AH) and the US Battery US 8VH ATB (8V - 205AH)

The deciding factor for me would be whether or not the batteries are made in the USA. US Battery batteries are, Trojan I'm not sure of.
JohnnieB is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-14-2020, 06:21 PM   #14
B_Mo
Not Yet Wild

Quote:
Originally Posted by JohnnieB View Post
If money was no object and I wasn't going to go to Lithium, it would be a coin toss between the Trojan Ranger 160 (8v - 204AH) and the US Battery US 8VH ATB (8V - 205AH)

The deciding factor for me would be whether or not the batteries are made in the USA. US Battery batteries are, Trojan I'm not sure of.
Gotcha. Thanks. Last question, the higher amperage hours is so you have a longer run time which leads to a longer battery life, correct?
B_Mo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-14-2020, 06:37 PM   #15
JohnnieB
Techno-Nerd

E-Z-GO

Quote:
Originally Posted by B_Mo View Post
Gotcha. Thanks. Last question, the higher amperage hours is so you have a longer run time which leads to a longer battery life, correct?
Yes, but a qualified yes.

One of the major contributing factors influencing a lead-acid battery's cradle to grave lifespan is the average SoC maintained throughout its life. In other words, if you install batteries with a 20% greater storage capacity (Amp-Hours) and drive 20% further before charging, then the average SoC stays about the same, and so does the lifespan.

However, if you drive roughly the same distance between charges as you did with the lower capacity batteries, then the higher capacity batteries will last longer.

Hope that makes sense.
JohnnieB is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-14-2020, 06:57 PM   #16
B_Mo
Not Yet Wild

Quote:
Originally Posted by JohnnieB View Post
Yes, but a qualified yes.

One of the major contributing factors influencing a lead-acid battery's cradle to grave lifespan is the average SoC maintained throughout its life. In other words, if you install batteries with a 20% greater storage capacity (Amp-Hours)
and drive 20% further before charging, then the average SoC stays about the same, and so does the lifespan.

However, if you drive roughly the same distance between charges as you did with the lower capacity batteries, then the higher capacity batteries will last longer.

Hope that makes sense.
makes total sense.
B_Mo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-15-2020, 08:32 PM   #17
Cobra,1
Gone Wild
E-Z-GO

replaced my trojans with US batteries 2 years ago. After much research
specs were better then Trojans along with being slightly less In cost.
Happy so far.
Cobra,1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Go Back   Buggies Gone Wild Golf Cart Forum > Golf Cart Repair and Troubleshooting > Electric EZGO